“An extremely good experience”

Hampton Inn Wilkesboro
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Wilkesboro
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Everything about my stay was extremely satisfactory. The accommodations were clean, quiet, roomy and comfortable. The breakfast was over the top; loved the fresh fruit! and the staff couldn't be more helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Caitlen I, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Wilkesboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to give us such great feedback! We are very excited to learn that your stay with us was so enjoyable and that our staff was so helpful. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We love Hampton Inns. Clean. accomodating and an overall nice place to stay. Complimentary breakfast always nice. Pool a plus. Lobby snacks, places to gather in lobby and a nice atmosphere. The location always works too.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! We always love to hear from a Hampton regular and are pleased that our hotel and staff met your expectations. We aim to give our guests a great experience when they stay with us and it sounds like we delivered just that. Thank you again for the great feedback and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Bed Linens had hair on both queen beds. Need to change the linens. The staff changed our room and free night stay but will not stay at this hotel again. Need a better management staff and more housekeeping staff as front desk explained they were short staff on housekeeping.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Gloria P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wilkesboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. With the help of your comments we aim to continue to provide great customer service and a memorable and pleasant stay. We have taken immediate action in correcting these issues. We do apologize and hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

This hotel has to be the nicest hampton inn I have ever stayed at. We stayed here while visiting Tweetsie Railroad for the first time. Had a quick and efficient check in. The rooms are clean and very spacious. At night they had popped popcorn, mini cinnamon rolls, donuts and fresh fruit in lobby for guests. My son loved this. The ladies at the desk were super friendly! Breakfast was delicious, one of the best I have had at a Hampton Inn. Hotel is close to many great eating places as well. We will definitely be coming back and staying here more often when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Caitlen I, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Wilkesboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Brittany, thanks for taking the time to give us such great feedback. We are thrilled to learn that your stay was so enjoyable and that we are the best Hampton Inn that you have stayed in! Thank you again and we look forward to future trips to serve you.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Stayed here for 5 days, and was very good. Nice staff, clean rooms. HVAC is a little loud, but otherwise nice place. Breakfast was good. Pool was small but nice. What I would expect from a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Caitlen I, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Wilkesboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

We appreciate you giving us feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to learn your trip was so enjoyable and that we represent the Hampton brand well. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Our trip plans had us arriving late but the front desk was ready for us and checked us in with no delay. Room was comfortable and quiet. Hampton beds are very comfortable! The only challenge was a shortage of signs on the highway to tell you where to exit. We passed the exit going eastbound, and if we had not noticed the hotel out of the corner of our eye we might have missed it altogether. We turned around at the next exit and eventually found the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Caitlen I, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Wilkesboro, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. We apologize that you had a little trouble finding us, but are glad you saw our from the highway (In the future, feel free to call us if you have trouble!). We look forward to future trips and having the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

1st time: A couple of months ago after checking out, I realized that I had left a couple of items behind. I waited until I got home before calling about the items (2 shirts, 1 was very nice). It was between 12 and 1pm. The room had been cleaned and housekeeping claimed no items were found.

2nd time: This evening, after getting in from a long hard day, my key card would not work. I got a new card and when I got to my room immediately noticed that the refrigerator had been emptied. I had a bottle of juice, 4 bottles of water and my dinner for this evening. Many other items, such as clothes, computer, etc. were still in the room. This should have made it apparent that I had not checked out. I went to the front desk and instructed the lady to list my complaint.

The lady at the front desk was very kind and tried to calm my emotions with a gift card for dinner, which I refused. Then she offered to give me a refund on my stay, which I could not accept because of my business reporting issues. I really appreciate the effort, but I no longer feel comfortable staying at this hotel.

I just cancelled my future reservations and booked with the older hotel down the road (HIE). They are friendlier and I feel safer about my possessions that I leave in the room. It will cost me $4 more a night to have a little peace of mind.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Gloria P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wilkesboro, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

First of all thank you for sharing your concerns with us. With the help of your comments we aim to continue to provide great customer service and a memorable and pleasant stay. We have taken immediate action in correcting these issues. Additional training has been instituted with our housekeeping department as well as our guest services staff. Daily reports and inspections are used to ensure that our rooms match the quality every guest deserves. We do apologize and hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Gloria Prevette
Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilkesboro
Holiday Inn Express in Wilkesboro
Days Inn Wilkesboro
Days Inn Wilkesboro
#3 of 6 in Wilkesboro
Best Western Yadkin Valley Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville
Holiday Inn Express West Jefferson

Been to Hampton Inn Wilkesboro? Share your experiences!