“super nice”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Wilkesboro
Chillicothe, Ohio
“super nice”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stopped for the night at this hotel and was very pleasantly surprised.
It was very inviting, clean, spacious and a large bathroom. The shower
was very nice, it had the largest shower head with super flow. We didn't
want to get out of the shower !! The beds had really nice comforters and
firm mattresses. I cant say enough about this room and how clean it
was. The free breakfast had a large variety of everything and was very
clean and it had a large dining room. The staff was very attentive and
helpful. Also their check out time is noon, which made it even better,
cause I hate to get up early and rush around to get out by an early check
out time. The price was fair and I would definitely recommend this hotel
to anyone. We slept very well on the firm beds and that's a must for us.
I am telling all my friends that travel that direction to be sure to stay at
this hotel for the best deal on the cleanest and most spacious room ever.
The only thing I can think of to make this the perfect hotel stay would be
to get those rolling carts to carry in suitcases. All hotels should have an
ample supply of those carts, they are very helpful. Older folks really need those carts. Thank you for this opportunity to let everyone know
the best places to stay. That's makes our travels even more fun when
we know theres still nice clean hotels out there for a fair price.

Room Tip: We had a room on second floor and it was very quiet, we arrived late evening and all was quiet. Th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
North Tazewell, Virginia
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Very clean. Rooms and lobby very quiet and comfortable. All staff members were friendly. Breakfast bsr was well stocked and hot. I was very satisfied...and I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling thru the area or on business

• Stayed September 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is one of the best Holiday Inn Express hotels I have ever stayed in. Rooms were clean and guest service was top notch!! The maid was very accommodating with our late check out request. The front desk clerk on Sunday was so helpful with directions and had great knowledge of the local area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have to say, the STAFF is GREAT!!! My roommate and I had been taking care of business in the area all day and we were tired, frustrated, hungry and somewhat agitated because of the long day and some of our experiences while we were doing business. We spent time on Priceline trying to bid for the cheapest rate and by the time I got there. Well, I just was not as nice as I normally would be. The lady checked us in; answered all our questions and seemed to disregard my bad attitude. NOW THIS IS EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! INDEED!!! I apologized many times!!! The rooms are nice looking, comfortable and there was no problem with the Wi-Fi or anything else. The full breakfast was great! Real bacon!!! (Ok, you won my heart) I have to tell anyone reading this to LOOK UNDER THE COUNTER AT THE END and get the TRAYS if you want to take food to your room! HOW COOL IS THIS!!!! I guess if they could put some at the front near the plates, that might help people because its easy to overlook them under that counter. Truth be told, the only way I found out was because I saw someone getting on the elevator with a tray and I asked him where he found it, Ok, I've said enough. You can't go wrong staying there!!!

Room Tip: Make sure if you request a Handicapped Room to ask if it has one king bed or two queen or double wha...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Lumberton, North Carolina
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The hotel staff was warm, friendly and accommodating. For that I am grateful. They did all to try to make me comfortable. The facilities were poor. The linen was dingy and the beds poorly made. I pulled the cover back and had an eerie feeling that someone had slept in the bed and the linen was not changed after the last guest. I could see the imprint of the mattress cover through the fitted sheet. There were stains on the carpet in both of the rooms that I tried (the first one smelled musty). Upon entering the lobby, I had the feeling that the hotel was nicer than it really was. The clerks were friendly, but the rooms are terrible.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express in Wilkesboro, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Judy W,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. We are delighted you found our staff highly commendable. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

While we are pleased to read your kind comments, we would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations in regards to the room you received. Our housekeeping staff strive to ensure our rooms are well kept and held to the highest standard and we can assure you that your experience is not indicative of the quality we are known to provide. Nevertheless, we have shared your comments with our housekeeping team to ensure the issues you mentioned are addressed.

Thank you again for staying with is and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed August 11, 2013

First, the staff deserves an excellent rating. From check in to check out all staff seem genuinely interested in your satisfaction and comfort. That said, they need to upgrade their mattresses, at least in our room. The room is typical of this chain, fairly comfortable and large enough for two. Great water pressure in the shower with plenty of towels. On that downside, the mattress was not bad but it had a few lumps that suggest it is past its prime. With a new mattress this Inn would deserve an excellent rating but not when you wake up feeling somewhat unrested. Breakfast offering are in the good category. Did not use the pool or fitness room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Inkblot_doc
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express in Wilkesboro, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Inkblot_doc,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

While we are pleased to hear that our staff went above and beyond to provide you with exceptional service, we would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations in regards to your guest room. We can assure you that your experience is not indicative of the quality we are known to provide. Nevertheless, we want to assure you that the points you've raised in this review will be looked into.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We value your comments as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Joel B
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I travel extensively for work and have stayed in at least 30 HIE. I can only remember staying in one other one this ran down. Despite that I wouldn't have bothered to write a review, but the hotel is permeated with a musty smell that is quite unpleasant. Pay the $10 extra for the Hampton across the street.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank metroredneck
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express in Wilkesboro, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear metroredneck,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilkesboro
Hampton Inn Wilkesboro
Best Western Yadkin Valley Inn & Suites
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 8 in Jonesville

Been to Holiday Inn Express in Wilkesboro? Share your experiences!