“Excellent across the board”

Amalfi's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Wilkesboro
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Since 2002, Amalfi's Restaurant & Pizzeriabring to Wilkes County a traditional flavor of mediterranean cuisine, using the finest and freshest products, like seafood, vegetable, poultry, and meats. We welcome you in a real Italian atmosphere. Buon Appetito!
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We were driving back from skiing at Sugar and made it to Wilkesboro without having eaten lunch and it was 2 pm. We drove down the main street - nothing but mediocre chain restaurants. Turned in and started up past the strip malls and ran across Amalfi's. What luck! Place was great. Four of us ate lunch for $24 plus tip. The waitress Tasha was fantastic, super efficient and friendly. Whatever they pay her isn't enough. Food was great - Caesar salad and tomato soup. Kids had pizza and my wife had another soup. They bring out bread and olive oil too. It was delicious. Nice atmosphere, and if you can believe even the music was even great. Don't think I should go back though - don't think it could be as good as this visit was. It's an individually owned restaurant. Guy's name is Tony. Must really know what's he doing. I told the waitress Tasha that everything was real good, just perfect, and she said she hears that all the time. Place was had a fair amount of business at 2:30 in the afternoon and that ought to say something.

1  Thank wireless200

Reviewed November 25, 2013

After reading the reviews, I thought this was going to be a great meal. We opted for the sicilian style cheese pizza, and the white clam sauce pasta. The pizza was great, nice thick dough with generous amounts of cheese. The pizza sauce was okay, nothing spectacular. The white clam pasta though was very disappointing. It hardly had much of a taste to it, and the clams themselves tasted a bit old. We were also disappointed that an Italian place had run out of Caesar salad dressing…how does that happen? The decor is nice, and the staff was friendly, and the prices were reasonable. It could be we just got unlucky with a bad dish, but if you do try this place then I would say stick with the pizza - it was good.

1  Thank wanderingkale
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My family visits Amalfi's every time we visit Wilkesboro. We've never had a bad male and the service is great as we'll.

2  Thank Steve G
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Been going to Amalfi's for several years. The food is consistently very good. Have never had a bad meal. Sauces are freshly made. The NY style pizza is spot on. Whether it's pizza, pasta or a sub, you can't go,wrong.

3  Thank 19travellingman68
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I recently dined here for the first time. The service was great, the atmosphere was very comfortable, and the meal portions were quite large. My husband had the chicken parmigiana and he loved it! He completely devoured his plate. I had the chicken boccelli, which looked and sounded delicious, but it was surprisingly lacking in flavor. I loaded it up with salt and pepper, though, and that helped.
Next time we'll try the pizza. :)

1  Thank sardawg