“Not the best Japanese in town - but it will do”
Review of Koto's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Koto's
Ranked #22 of 53 Restaurants in Wilkesboro
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Ate here on Sunday August 18th with many family members and some friends to celebrate our granddaughter's birthday. Naturally Sunday's are always busy anywhere you go. But I'm afraid we overwhelmed our waitress by being such a large group at one time - 14 of us at once. Our food actually began arriving before we received our drinks. While most everyone enjoyed their meal I particular prefer another Japanese restaurant in Wilkesboro. Their rice seems to taste fresher, and while their veggies seem to be about the same.

I also agree with an earlier review, because the place is dated, it gives the appearance of not being clean - place could use a upgrade in appearance, fresh paint, new flooring that would help alot! The wait staff was nice, many others assisted our waitress on delivering our food and refill on drinks.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I would rate the food better but it doesn't taste as fresh as other Japanese I can get in Boone or Winston Salem. The service is quick, however and the servers are always polite and professional. The decor is decent for the money you pay- but I feel it could be a tad on the cleaner side...not because of any particular reason other than worn carpet and dated decor. Their sanitation grade is currently 94.5.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The dinner was very good. It was served hot and quickly. The waitress was very polite and nice. The restaurant was clean and well decorated.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I like Koto's. They still have the fish tank in the entry. That's a big turn off for me. I don't like the smell of an aquarium just before a meal. : ( The teriyaki chicken is as good as ever.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Food was good and service was great? Try the terryaki chicken. The only bad thing is the fish tank right inside the front door. You can't go in without smelling it.