“Great BBQ and service”

Tipton's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #6 of 53 Restaurants in Wilkesboro
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is my third trip to Tipton's-- I generally experience a BBQ spot at least three times before I review it, because it is so difficult to get great bbq everyday and at different hours-- late in the day is always iffy! I have experienced Tipton's for lunch, late afternoon and evening and have found the BBQ excellent. They have a great salad bar and superb sides. The ribs and pulled pork are outstanding and the ladies in our group enjoyed the BBQ chicken-- the special was smoked prime rib and it was amazing. I think the best part of every trip was the service-- all three times I was impressed with the friendly professional service!

1  Thank papanew77363
There are newer reviews for Tipton's Bar-B-Que

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This may be unusual but on three straight lunch meals on different days of the week I was entirely satified with the food and service. Excellent BBQ sandwich.

1  Thank algataho
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We went here for lunch while in Wilkesboro after receiving a recommendation and looking at Trip Advisor reviews. We were not disappointed. Even though the restaurant was packed with the lunch crowd, our service was very good and fast. The salad bar was filled with a great assortment of fresh ingredients. The BBQ was delicious! Very generous portions at a reasonable cost. We will definitely go back to this restaurant even though they do not serve any wine or beer.

1  Thank TwoNCTravelingFools
Reviewed March 15, 2013

OK...so after my last review I had to try again. More of the same. The service was slow. The food tasted bad. It was just overall terrible. I'm thinking that I won't be back.

1  Thank freakingumby
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We visited Tipton's Bar-B-Que on a recent visit to the area and were pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious and the portions were huge - you will almost certainly need a "doggie bag". I had the pulled pork BBQ platter and the pork had a really good taste to it. The side dishes were tasty as well. The salad bar is small, but everything on it was very fresh. Very good. The service was excellent. I would not hesitate to eat there again.