“Very average place - hard to believe it is the best place in Wilkesboro”
Review of Tipton's Bar-B-Que

Tipton's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #8 of 53 Restaurants in Wilkesboro
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very average barbecue. Buns are mushy and cheap and can't be picked up after a bite or two. Hush Puppies seem like they are out of a frozen bag. Service was fine, but we were very surprised this was #1 on Trip Advisor in Wilkesboro. It is so extremely average I can only think that those that rate it have never been anywhere else. I'd rather eat at Ruby Tuesday across the street!

2  Thank CJFergi

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We decided to give Tipton's a try after hearing about it on the local radio station. The portions were plenty and the kid's meal was more than enough and was the best deal for $3.99 drinks included. I ordered the BBQ sampler and the pulled pork, chicken, and ribs were really good. The only thing that I wasn't too thrilled about is their BBQ sauce. They had two choices and both were vinegar based. It would have been nice if they had other varieties like at Sticky Fingers. When we left, we were all full and had plenty of leftovers. We would definitely come back again but we might bring our own sauce next time.

2  Thank Alee C
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I discovered Tipton's a couple of years ago and now I try to time my travels through Wilkesboro so that I can stop in for a meal here. The barbecue is always excellent and the servings are generous. If you enjoy sweet tea like I do, then you will have another reason not to pass up an opportunity to stop in.

2  Thank Harry W
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Have visited this restaurant the last couple of times when we have driven back from Boone, NC.

Have an 11yr old and 15yr old. Restaurant has a varied menu including pizza for the kids. I split the BBQ sampler platter with my oldest son and we still had leftovers for the next day. Sampler included Ribs, Chicken, Pulled Pork, hushpuppies, slaw and an additional side.

The second time we visited I had the ribeye, salad bar and vegetable. Was all very good.

Prices are very reasonable for the amount of food you are given.

2  Thank BossLady9681
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had never eaten at a Tipton's before. The portions were huge. My husband had the biggest 1/2 slab of ribs I've ever seen, with cole slaw, hush puppies and mashed potatoes. I had pork, cole slaw, hush puppies, and fried okra. Everything was hot, tasted good, and too big to finish! We ordered the regular sizes of everything!

4  Thank readingchic