“Huge portions!”

Tipton's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #8 of 53 Restaurants in Wilkesboro
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had never eaten at a Tipton's before. The portions were huge. My husband had the biggest 1/2 slab of ribs I've ever seen, with cole slaw, hush puppies and mashed potatoes. I had pork, cole slaw, hush puppies, and fried okra. Everything was hot, tasted good, and too big to finish! We ordered the regular sizes of everything!

4  Thank readingchic

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Pizza is really good and so are the homemade chips. The BBQ is too smokey for our families taste.

3  Thank Barbie H
Reviewed July 9, 2012

On business in Wilkesboro, and our team went to Tipton's BBQ for lunch. My coworkers had already been once, and they commented on how good it was....so they took me. The bar-b-que was very good, as were the sides. The portions were pretty substantial for lunch.

One of my coworkers decided to get a chicken sandwich instead of the bar-b-que, just to try something different. However, when she bit into it, it was very raw - not just a little pink, but still cold and gummy. Yea, they do bar-b-que right....but stay away from the chicken sandwich!!

1  Thank StevenVA
Reviewed July 2, 2012

There was nothing about this restaurant I didn't like. The staff was overly friendly. Our waitress was very personable and took her time with us. The food was AMAZING...especially the potato salad. The prices were very reasonable. MY family of 4 ate for less than $30 and had enough food to take in doggy bags for later. It was clean. I will DEFINITELY eat there again.

2  Thank Shelli85
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Typically I don't write reviews on restaurants in my hometown area but I believe Tipton's deserves a review. My husband and I have ate at Tipton's numerous times over the past couple of years. I've used this restaurant to caterer business dinners, and recently attended a wedding that this restaurant catered. All I can say is excellant service, excellant food, great staff and management. I have never been to this restaurant without great service. The wait staff are consistent, friendly and are very prompt on their service. The bar-b-que is awesome and their chicken is great. Matter of fact there isn't anything I've tried at Tipton's I didn't like - from their burgers, to sandwiches, to chicken, to bar-b-que plates, salad, and specialties. If you are ever in the Wilkesboro area this is a definate restaurant to try.

2  Thank vhash77