“Great camping!”

Flaming Arrow Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whittier
Flaming Arrow Campground
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great camping!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great place to camp for the first time in forever. The campsites were peaceful and facilities were clean. Joanie was a wealth of knowledge on where to go and what to do. I questioned her at first about Mingo Falls as we made the hike but it was well with it!!! Will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ncwinequeen

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We arrived home Monday from our 4 day visit. It was our first time visiting here and we were amazed at how clean the facilities were. To make it even better, the owner, Joanie( I pray I spelled it right) is absolutely AWESOME to rent from. She really helped in showing us what local attractions were nearby. The map she gave us was a life saver. We are planning another trip there when it warms up more. I am a walking billboard for Flaming Arrow Campground. I took photos of the bath house and my friends were shocked as I was of the cleanliness. Joanie and her crew works so hard on keeping her place looking great for the campers. I was surprised to see her cleaning the pool about 7:30am in 45 degree weather. Flaming Arrow is her pride and joy and it shows. THANK YOU so much for the fantastic mini vacation. We will not stay anywhere else. You have our vacations for life. The BEST around. THANKS.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Bigdaddyg09
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We ended up here by chance, but are so glad we did! The sites are pretty, and private enough. The host/owner, Joanie, is wise and kind, and goes out of her way to make your visit to the gorgeous Smokies fun. This campground is about a mile from the Cherokee entrance to the Great Smoky National Park, and close to many beautiful areas outside the park. Great base for your Smoky adventures.

• Stayed May 2013
South Carolina
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed here the weekend of October 13th. We arrived late Friday night and asked about getting a camp site. Joni the owner came straight out of her cabin that is across from the office and opened up to check us in. After checking us in she took us to show us where our campsite was. The bathhouse was very clean and nice. We will be back very soon. Also it was aplle butter weekend which was very fun. Make sure you check their website for events and whats going on. Thanks soo much for a great weekend!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nice and quite place to stay, not a bad place for being over 40 years old , the owner was very helpful with printing maps and information off her computer, it's a nice home base location, I'd come back, great place for a fire and listening to the crickets and birds late at night

• Stayed September 2012
Almond, North Carolina
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I wanted to take our 5 yr old camping so I decided I would call the campground where I camped as a child. All I can say is we were more than pleased. The owner Joni was fabulous. Our campsite was clean the property was well maintained and even the bathrooms smelled good. We could not get over all the campground has to offer. The pool, playground, merry go round, shuffle board, horse shoe, ping pong, badmitton, basketball, volleyball, etc. There was several entertaining activities to do while on your stay. I would highly recommend this camp ground to anyone and we have already decided we will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jwk H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whittier
Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort
Stonebrook Lodge
Stonebrook Lodge
#7 of 28 in Cherokee
Lloyds on the River Country Inn

Been to Flaming Arrow Campground? Share your experiences!