All reviewsstay there againfire pitclean roomsgreat place to staybryson city and cherokeemarythememotelchargerrefrigeratormiles
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

My family and I absolutely adore this place. The owners are wonderful people and the rooms and location are amazing. They have outside non fires, movies and a wonderful pool .
The Hess-Deaton family ❤️

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2017

We arrived with eight friends after riding down from New England. We took five rooms and were all amazed at the size of the rooms. We stayed a week and all agree that the great time we had riding all day was only made better by the attention and hospitality that owners Jim and Mary provide, A few adult beverages under the deck roof or by the fire pit were great for meeting the other like minded souls that stay there. The outdoor movie (weather permitting) provided some raucous comedy and commentary shared by all. I highly recommend this place to bikers, not only for the proximity to some fantastic riding, but for the people you will meet there and, of course, Jim and Mary.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Corvette room which adjoins by passage to the suite room with stove etc.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steve E
GearHeadInn, Owner at Gear Head Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Thanks for the kind words. We enjoyed having you and your friends too.

Reviewed July 31, 2017

I stayed at this location and used the bath soap. The bath soap blistered my skin and I did not know it until after we left. I had to go to the Emergency room for treatment . I contacted the hotel and they did nothing .

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

Super nice owners, BIG, clean rooms. Loved the outdoor movie by the firepit. Will definitely come here again! Out of the hustle of cherokee, but close enough. Owners very helpful with any questions you may have.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2017 via mobile

Located between Bryson City and Cherokee, the Gearhead Inn is cute, nostalgic little motel. The owners are gracious and kind hosts. The accommodations are nice. The fixtures are original, but everything works well and is Very clean! It is very nice to have your car right outside your door, especially if you are driving one of the muscle or custom cars. We would definitely stay there again!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robin G
GearHeadInn, Owner at Gear Head Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2017

Thanks for the kind words. Hope to see you again.