“Great service, okay food”

Ciao-Pizza Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Whitsett
Cuisines: American
Akron, Ohio
“Great service, okay food”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

It was okay food, decent prices. Service was great, place was clean. There was conflicting music (dining room and bar) which was a bit annoying.

Whitsett, North Carolina
“Local "Cheers"”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Many nearby neighbors enjoy the excellent Italian food and drinks at Ciao. The pizza is outstanding but the signature dishes are a delight.

Visited December 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“But for the Bread...”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

But for the dry, tasteless bread served with our lunch, my ranking would have been higher. When we asked our waitress 'what's the best thing on the menu?' she was enthusiastic about their sandwiches made on focaccia which she says is made daily. This makes me think that someone in the kitchen knows about bread... so where's the disconnect?

The chicken marsala was tender and perfectly seasoned.The sauce was good. Lots of mushrooms. I chose angel hair pasta to go with my chicken and it was done to perfection. (There was a vegetable option but somehow chicken marsala without pasta would have been like a day without sunshine.)

The service was friendly without being overbearing. Prices were quite reasonable ($8.95) but I would have rather paid a little more to have a hunk of that great italian bread that's crunchy on the outside and melt-in-your-mouth delicious on the inside with a little olive oil for dipping.

I'll definitely go back for another try. And order my pasta dish along with "one of those sandwiches made on focaccia but hold the filling and just bring me the bread."

• Visited October 2013
“Most excellent experience! Great date night or for families.”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

As an executive chef and business owner my standards are extremely high. Began my training before culinary school under a darling Italian lady named Borelli in MA, so I know the genuine article when I taste it, and this was the real thing! The house family recipe for Italian dressing is not to be missed. Salad was crisp and fresh, a more exotic mix of greens and gourmet calamatas would be a nice upgrade though. Service was attentive, friendly, and welcoming without being overwhelming. The guys got the pepperoni pizza. The crust was the real deal too. Not refrigerator dough. I got the capellini marinara with sausage and peppers. In my book any Italian place worth it's salt knows to serve pasta with a large spoon for proper "twirling" and eating. They didn't fail me!! I didn't even have to ask!! Pasta was perfecto al dente! Not mushy. Very good!! The only addition I could suggest is an upgrade to a good crusty artisan bread served warm, sliced, and with a top quality olive oil played with good seasonings, parmagiana cheese, and a sprinkle of fresh basil ribbons. Entire experience was excellente!! We will be back for sure!!!!

• Visited September 2013
Bristol, Connecticut
“good food, good beer”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was looking for a causal, reasonably priced place with good food and good beer and this fit the bill. I had the rotisserie chicken which was delicious! I also had some appetizers which were pretty standard (good, not spectacular). Nice cold draft (Red Oak) beer. I would recommend this place if you are area.

Visited July 2013