Comfort Suites Whitsett - Greensboro East
Drury Inn & Suites Burlington(Burlington)
$105
$119
$94
Hampton.com
$70
All reviewssmall snack shopseveral fast food restaurantselon universityupdated decorstayed only one nightcollege visitfront deskwafflescoffee tableindoor poolbeautiful roomquiet hotelstay there againhot waterbed was comfortabledesk staffvery nice stay
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Have stayed here several years in a row around the same time. This is a very nice, clean place to spend a visit in the area. The have a nice pool (inside/heated) with a small area outside to catch some rays. The complimentary breakfast is plentiful with the usual fair of meat, eggs, cereal, yogurt, pastries, fruit and juices as well as fresh coffee. They also have the waffle maker so we tried that this year. Heck, if a 6 year can make waffles certainly I can and guess what, it worked. Came out fine and it was delicious. This hotel is also located within walking distance of a couple of fast foods, a Food Lion grocery store and a couple of other restaurants. With 20 minutes you can drive to a shopping center that has more choices than you could use in a month. What's really nice about this hotel is the rooms. Mine have always had a king size bed near the window separated by a half screen that provided privacy from the pull out couch. Plus theres a nice desk that pulls out to get larger, microwave, refrig and roomy bathroom. All in all a nice place to get a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway probably are quieter, but having stayed here several times, really haven't noticed any highway noise no matter where my room was located.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The gentlemen working Tuesday evening, March 25, 2014 was very helpful in getting me back into my room after the upper flap lock closed behind me and locked. I really appreciate his assistance and his safety concerns.

There is always an odor when I first walk into this particular comfort suites that is not exactly pleasant. It sometimes has a sewage odor, but was not as bad as it has been in the past. I also noticed this odor in the bed sheets. It makes me think it is in the water. Otherwise, I am content staying here whenever I have a business trip to Greensboro.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We were extremely impressed with the motel and staff. The staff were very nice & extremely accommodating! The room was beautiful, large and comfortable. The bed, pillows and blankets were so nice, that I didn't even use my pillow I brought from home. The bed cover wasn't heavy at all & kept us very warm. The room was actually @ a very comfortable temperature when we arrived. The price of the room was also very reasonable. We had checked several motels in the area and this one was the best & included an indoor pool. The pool was to cold for me, but I am sure it wouldn't bother children. If we are ever in the area again, I can't wait to stay here. They also recommended a restaurant across the street. It is an Italian restaurant, but it had rotisserie chicken & lots of veggies including mashed potatoes. Loved it!

Room Tip: All of them are suites, so I don't think you can go wrong anywhere.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Newer hotel in good condition. Bedding is up to Choice Hotel's new standards. Staff is friendly and helpful. Although the area has mostly fast food, desk clerk recommended some sit down restaurants within easy driving distance. Breakfast bar is standard fair.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had been driving since the completion of an event at Fort Benning, GA. I wanted to cover a lot of distance so that I didn't have to travel much the next day. I tried a couple of exits on 85 East that supposedly lead to lodging. They didn't have lodging.

Finally, a "Lodging" exit at Whitsett, NC, gave me luck. I saw a brand new looking hotel, which read, "Comfort Suites." I didn't see many cars in the parking lot, so I pulled up, parked, then got out.

I got through the first doors, which lead to a baggage pre-staging area. I got through the second door, to get to the Comfort Suites lobby.

To the right, two one seat cushion chairs flanked a coffee table, with a geometrically shaped flower vase. A couple of pictures flanked the plant that shot up from that flower vase.

The check-in counter stood beyond the sofa. The two seat arrangement on the right had a twin two seat arrangement opposite to them. They sat across the lobby from the original set, and stood near the sliding door. You'll find the business center in this area. The business center had an entertainment station, and a family room set up. The desk, with internet and computer, sat on the other side of the entertainment/family station.

I walked up to the Comfort Suites check in counter.

I asked if they had any availability for the night. The receptionist replied, "Yes," and asked what she could do for me. I asked for a room. She asked me how many adults were going to spend a night. I replied, "One." She asked me if I wanted two queen sized beds, or one king-sized bed. I told her that I wanted the single king size bed.

I handed her my credit card and driver license. She completed the check in, then asked me if I wanted one or two key cards. I asked for two key cards. She printed a check in sheet, and asked for my signature. After I signed it, she handed me my key cards. She let me know that the internet in the room was free, and that all I had to do was log in.

As she handed me the key cards, she told me where my room was, and where the elevator and stairs were. I thanked her, took the keys, then went back to my car. I grabbed the bags that I was going to use for the night, then went to my room.

I opened the door, then stepped in. I turned the air conditioner on, and set the room temperature settings. The air came out at the right cool temperature.

The room had three segments; the entry, which had a door to the left for the bathroom, a "living room," and the "bedroom" on the far side.

The "living room" had a sofa with coffee table on the left. A mirror hung on the wall separating the "bedroom" from the "living room." A corner lamp took one station on one side of the sofa. A picture hung on the wall behind the sofa.

The business desk sat opposite the sofa. A large table stood under a taller, wider, table. I pulled the large table out, and placed my items on it. Right next to the table set stood the microwave, coffee station, and mini refrigerator station.

The desk/table had the room phone, as well as a table lamp with sockets on the bottom. I set my laptop up on the table, and plugged my phone and computer extensions to the socket under the table lamp.

I turned the computer on, and waited for it to be ready. I clicked on the "wire free" icon, and found that they had more than one option. I clicked on "Comfort Suites." I caught up on my correspondence for the day. After completing my correspondence, I caught up on the day's news. Getting from one website to another was like surfing from the cable internet back home.

After taking care of my Internet activity, I powered down the laptop, turned it off, then put it back in the laptop bag. I went to bed.

The bedroom had the king-sized bed, and a closet; which had the ironing board and iron. I got into the bed, and rolled under the blankets. I fell asleep in under 15 minutes. I slept good that night, and got up on my own.

I used the bathroom to get ready for the day. I had an easy time operating the shower. I got the right temperature and water pressure combination. After taking a good shower, I got dressed, then headed downstairs for breakfast.

Their breakfast room was like a mini restaurant, except this was self served. They had a hot drink station. Breakfast options included pastries, self made waffles, yogurt, sausage, eggs, biscuits, and toast. Drinks included apple juice, milk, and orange juice.

A high counter, with sockets on the wall above the counter surface, stood near the breakfast bar. This gave travelers, who already checked out, a chance to catch up on business over the internet. The counter had enough space for a breakfast plate and computer for each tall chair provided.

After breakfast, I collected my belongings, made sure that everything was in the bags, and that I didn't forget anything. I loaded my bags into the car, then came back to the room to make sure I didn't forget anything.

With key cards in hand, I walked back downstairs to the Comfort Suites check out desk. I handed the keys to the receptionist. He asked how things went. I told him that I slept good, and that the breakfast tasted good. He smiled, and processed my check out. He took the key cards, then handed me my receipt.

He told me that guests have the option of just having their receipts slid under the door. This allowed the guests to just turn in their key cards, then leave when they're cleared. I left Comfort Suites and I took care of a few errands at Whitsett, NC, before heading towards the Virginia border.

Room Tip: If you're into the paranormal, ask for room 206. That's where I stayed. I noticed something different in a photo I snapped of the bathroom. My arm hairs stood. I took two follow on photos, as the second shot also showed "something." When I got back home, I looked at the photos and saw multiple photos that showed signs of paranormal activities. I took "twin" pictures most of the time, where I did the same thing, but snapped a second picture. I did this to make sure that I got a good picture a second time in case the first picture came out bad. I had to take a third picture of the bathroom area. When I looked at these pictures in detail; however, I saw a "face" in the third set. When I got home, and looked at these photos, there were cases where one photo had "something," and the follow on didn't. I was only aware of the two bathroom photos of having something of "interest." I didn't discover the rest until I got back home and looked at them on my home computer. Other than one of my items showing that part of its permanent marker markings were "forced rubbed"... and a voice in my dream informing me about a piece of paper on the floor by the bathroom (turned out accurate)... the overall sensation and vibes that I had about the room was welcoming and non threatening. Otherwise, my experiences in that room were like my experiences in the other hotels. Above average.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo