Quality Inn Whiteville
$75
Country Inn
$67
$64
All reviewsawesome jobfree breakfast iseasy accesswasher and dryeri highly recommend this hotelbed was comfortablemyrtle beachhot breakfastenjoyed my staywould stay againclean roomswafflesgreat place to stayreneeconferencetelevision
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Check In was by a Young Lady who had a lot of body Art and from the looks of her she didn't want to be at work that day. I had to have her check several TV remotes as the one in the room wouldn't work. I ended up looking up on how to program the remote myself. When it was time to go to bed I discovered that all they furnished was 2 sheets to cover up with. No one answered the front desk phone so I just suffered through the night and turned the AC off as I was getting cold. I had stayed here the month before but with some of the people lounging about I wasn't sure if they were guest or just wanting a place to hang out. I asked my company never to book me here again. The rooms were clean so that was the reason why I gave them Poor rating.

Room Tip: Stay away from this property
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were in the area for a family occasion and booked 3 rooms at this property. Don't expect much from your stay, and you will not be surprised. On the positive side, the rooms were very clean, with clean and comfortable bedding and bathrooms that were quite sanitary. The property is dated,including the furnishings, but fine for what you are paying. It's very basic, but serviceable.

The only real downside is the breakfast. Even though it's free and "hot" (NOT), do yourself a favor and head to the Waffle House (not far down the street). The eggs were powdered and reconstitued, the bacon may not have been meat at all and in any event was paper thin and very dry. Orange juice was 10% OJ, 90% juice, and the make-your-own waffles were undercooked (evidently a problem w/ the waffle iron) and had a most unusual- and not good - taste, and a worse aftertaste. Coffee also undrinkable. There was a staff of 3 who were presumably assigned to replenishing the breakfast items but they talked among themselves the entire time and never did a thing during the 30 minutes we were down there searching in vain for edible items.

Also note -- if you have a lot of, or heavy luggage, or problems lifting same, this is a 2-story property but has no elevator. If you don't want to, or cannot, pull your luggage up a flight of stairs, ask for a room on the 1st floor.

Room Tip: Book on the first floor or carry your luggage up a flight of stairs! No elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank housecat8
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I travel 5 days a week on business. It is true one of three hotels in town. First, poor cell signal o I gave my wife the number on phone which was the wrong number called front desk only to get attitude. Secondly I had to change rooms after killing several flying huge water bugs. My coworkers had to change rooms due AC not working. Then without fixing it gave the room to someone else.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We were in town for the White Lake 1/2 Ironman. The hotel is centrally located off Route 74. Its next to an abandoned looking building, but felt quite safe.
The room was clean enough, the front desk clerk was civil.
The air conditioning in the room would not function on the high cool setting so it was a warm night. Noisy too, because people talking in the hall sounded like they were in our room. Light came in all around the door too, so leave the nightlight at home.
Apparently our shower had a broken pipe because a guest from downstairs came up to tell us to stop using it because their room was flooded. The front desk didn't call though.
We paid almost $100 for two queen-sized beds.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor and double check the a/c.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This hotel is a GREAT place to stay. The hotel is up to date (my room had an older model T.V), clean and very comfortable. The staff is friendly and rooms are priced very reasonable. Be prepared to eat breakfast elsewhere, I tried the eggs and bacon they seemed to be imitation we went to Southern Sizzler for their buffet breakfast (about $6 a person).

Room Tip: Room 137 has the new model T.V.. I was in room 131 has older model T.V.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family