“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Whiteville

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Quality Inn Whiteville
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Whiteville
Atlanta
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

This hotel is a GREAT place to stay. The hotel is up to date (my room had an older model T.V), clean and very comfortable. The staff is friendly and rooms are priced very reasonable. Be prepared to eat breakfast elsewhere, I tried the eggs and bacon they seemed to be imitation we went to Southern Sizzler for their buffet breakfast (about $6 a person).

Room Tip: Room 137 has the new model T.V.. I was in room 131 has older model T.V.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Asheville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is the best place in town and the other two motels are not worth considering. In fact, there's nothing better within thirty miles. And it's appropriately priced at about 80 bucks.

Whiteville sits at the edges of two swamps which means that moisture and mildew are issues in any building. The last time we stayed here, it smelled pretty bad and the staff was indifferent at best. It's been renovated and it looks like it's under new management. So the desk staff is intelligent and accomodating (thank you, Renee) and the rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. And Basic. And now, the whole building is non-smoking. But there are still some issues.

The televisions are still old tube sets and the sound was not coordinated with the picture. And the telephone system would not allow an incoming call from my wife to be routed to the room.

These are minor, but irritating, problems. If I could rate it 3.5 stars, I would have. But if you are reading this five years from now, you might want to ask for a top floor room because by then, the mildew will have reclaimed the ground floor. Can't be helped.

Room Tip: ask for upper floors. less chance for mildew.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank BasicBill
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

Map point showed as holiday inn express went ahead and booked. Pleasantly surprised after xhecking in how clean th room was and no smells

Was going to only stay one night however changes ro two nights after eating breakfast

Very good value!

• Stayed January 2012
Mooresville, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

My wife competed in the White Lake Half Ironman on 5/7, and I had to do a LOT of research to find a place that looked acceptable to spend the previous night. Honestly, there aren't many good choices in this part of the state. This QI was 30 miles away from White Lake down small, scenic roads right at the intersection with NC74.

The first impression wasn't good - It's wedged in between two really awful looking warehouses, way back off of the road. Not attractive in the least. But, I had faith that we had made the right choice (and judging by the Holiday Motel we passed on the way in, there was NO OTHER OPTION FOR US), so I went inside to check in. What a pleasant surprise - Exceptionally clean, well-appointed, friendly staff... All the good stuff you'd expect. Not the Ritz, but there's no Ritz in Whiteville. Trust me - I checked.

What I liked:
1. The staff - As friendly as they come. Helped us get my wife's bike into the room up on the second floor, and even opened the breakfast room early for us since we had to get on the way to White Lake. They took good care of us.
2. The breakfast - Having oatmeal, coffee, milk and cereal was a big lift, and it saved us a bunch of time since we didn't have to find some other place to eat.
3. Comfortable room - This room could have been in any Marriott or Hyatt. The bed was comfortable, everything worked, and the bathroom was clean and spacious.

What I didn't like:
1. The scenery - Between two ugly warehouses. You'd probably skip right by this place if you didn't have advance reservations. I promise it's quite nice once you get through the door!
2. The price - Okay, it was a little pricey. But, it appeared they had a monopoly on decent accommodations within a 30 mile radius. So, I guess they can charge what they want and get away with it.

Overall, it was a good experience and met our needs. If I'm ever in this area again (aside from next year's triathlon, I can't imagine why I would be), I would probably pick this hotel.

Room Tip: No real tip here - Guessing they are all good
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank SegundoLunadeMiel
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2011

Staff was pleasant but that did not make up for condition of hotel. The bathroom had broken and loose floor tiles, the toilet was tilted to one side and the tub had a dirty film in the bottom. Also the door did not fit well and had a gap that made me question the lock holding ability. The fitness room was under renovation so I did not see that. Significant upgrades needed.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank LifeAsISeeIt

Travelers are raving about these Whiteville hotels

Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

This motel has been re-named the Magnuson Hotel, and it is one of only three lodgings in this city. Indeed, as best as I can determine, there aren't many more places than that to stay along US Hiway 74 between South Carolina and the Wilmington NC area. If you're traveling this route, don't expect a lot of choices or a lot of competition.

Stayed here one night while taking a little extra time to explore the Carolinas. Grand total price for two people was $104 on a second-story room, far more than I usually pay for comparable lodgings as I travel along the interstate -- supply and demand at work, to say the least. The room featured a wonderful bed, full bath, free wi-fi, mini-fridge, microwave, hair dryer, in-room iron, and TV with 72 channels. It was clean, quiet, and well-maintained. Staff was professional and courteous. Amenities included free continental breakfast and a free computer in the lobby. Numerous stores and restaurants (chain and local) are down the main street from here, and a mall is on the south side of town. Lobby was decorated far more welcoming and tasteful than most lodgings.

It would appear this hotel is designed for a small business gathering, away from any distractions. We paid more than we would prefer for what we got, but lack of competition along this highway didn't leave us with much choice.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank RabePaul

Been to Quality Inn Whiteville? Share your experiences!