“Love this place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in White Lake
White Lake Holiday Resort
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We go to HR every year and love it. The units are spotless upon arrival! We love having the large beach area and two piers. There are 10 units for rent on site and a lake house in another location that are rented by Holiday Resort.

The units stay rented and it is difficult to get one available during the summer. Renters have first choice on their unit for the same week for the next year.

You do have to provide your own linens and towels, but the kitchen is well supplied with dishes, pans, a coffee maker, and in some units a dishwasher. There is also a washer and dryer in each unit. Repairs are taken care of promptly.

The reason the rocking chairs are no longer on the piers is because they were broken. Even at a place this nice there are people who will not take care of things!

Room Tip: You will probably need to book a year in advance and may even be put on a wait list. It takes longe...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank ellen s

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Just returned from White Lake, Holiday Resort. More rain than we've ever had during our week, but can't control the weather! It's just as much fun as ever down there. Cottage fridge was on the blink, but had one moved in until ours could be repaired. No big deal. Cottage was clean as usual. Check-in is 4:00pm and we arrived right at 4:00. For some reason the rocking chairs had been removed from the pier this year as well as the trash cans. We missed the chairs, although there is a bench and 2 swings at the very end. We went to the nearby "park" and the children enjoyed the bumper cars, etc. We had been told that the rides at the park were only open on weekends because it was just a slow time, but they were open Thurs. night when we went. Friday night all rides were closed as there was a thunder storm approaching. I suggest you go to the park during the week if possible as Fri and Sat nights are very crowded. There are arcade games as well as a DQ for treats and putt putt. There is also a gift shop. We plan to return next year. The owner says they plan to renovate some this winter and have central A/C, however that was also said last year. Each bedroom and the den has a window A/C unit. There is no A/C in the 2 bathrooms, front or back porch. Suggest you take along some fans, especially for the bathrooms. Our cottage was C-2

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank snow2day
Reviewed August 17, 2011

My family just returned from White Lake, NC, and stayed once again at Holiday Resort. We have been going to the lake since before I was a teen and have stayed at Holiday Resort now for several years. We always rent the largest cottage which will sleep 12 inside and will sleep an additional 7 on the porch (no A/C). The cottage now has only window units for A/C but the owner is comtemplating putting in central air and making some renovations. The cottage is old but has wonderful character. It has 4 bedrooms and two baths (no A/C in the baths), with a large porch on the front which is part closed in and part screened. Lots of rocking chairs and one swing on the porch. Until there is central A/C, I strongly sugges you carry fans for the 2 bath rooms and perhaps 1 or some for the front porch. One fan is provided for the porch. There is one fairly new fridge and has a new elec. stove. There is a washer and dryer on the back porch (closed in - no A/C). The sandy beach area is very well cared for and has a swing. There are two piers, each having 2 areas on each which are covered. One area has benches and the other has two swings. There are usually 3 rocking chairs available to move around as needed. I believe there are 4 sets of steps going down into the water. There is a wooden walkway from the cottage front door to the pier so you can avoid the sand. The younger kids love going to the "park" at night to ride the bumper cars and other rides as well as playing the indoor games. There is a gift shop, restaurant (never ate there though), putt-putt, & Dairy Queen. There is a small Red & White (I think that's the name) grocery across from the park. For other grocery options and an older WalMart, Elizabethtown is about 6 miles. There is also a golf course nearby. The owner is nice and maintains a very clean "resort". We put in our depost for yet another year!!

Room Tip: I believe there are 3 cottages and several mobile homes for rent. Most families rent from year to y...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank snow2day
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I took my family and grandchildren because that is where I went as a child and had great memories. Our place this time was more than I ever had before and the kids and I loved it. The owner was very very nice and I gave my deposit for next year so we can all go back. Our place was on the lake and had everyting we needed for a wonderful fun, time. Great place for families.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank jeannie064
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I've finally found a CLEAN place at White Lake, NC. I would have to bring my cleaning supplies to some other places, but not here.

I loved the two piers, and the Hammock was the best!

Nice easy walk to Goldston's Beach for the amusements, and quite since it's far enough away.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
10  Thank CurlyQ-tip

Been to White Lake Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!