“Great burgers”
Review of Boondocks Brewing

Boondocks Brewing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Boondocks Brewing was founded in 2012 with a mission to provide a fresh, unique and engaging destination for residents as well as visitors to Ashe County. We are a locally owned and employee run small business that is Dedicated to Excellence and Committed to our Community. We are Ashe County's first and only commercially licensed Craft Beer Brewery and we brew small batches of hand crafted beers weekly. With 2 locations in downtown West Jefferson, Boondocks Brewing offers full service dining, one of the State's best Craft Beer selections, off-site catering, customized special events, private parties and brewery tours. Boondocks Brewing is where the locals go and is a must stop destination for visitors to the High Country. Boondocks Brewing's Tap Room & Restaurant located at 108 S Jefferson Ave is our main location with the High Country's best Craft Beer selection and an extensive and diverse menu with both inside and covered outside full service dining areas. Open 11:00 am 7 days a week. Boondocks Brewing's Brew Haus located at 302 S Jefferson Ave is the home of our Brewing operations and is also our special events venue where we can customize virtually any special event. This location is open by appointment only or when we are are brewing (normally each Tuesday).
Edgewood, Maryland
“Great burgers”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

On a Sunday evening there are few places open for dinner. We decided to give Boondocks a try. The 3 of us each tried a different burger. Piled high and delicious. Surely a place to go to again when we are back in town.

Visited August 2014

North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Enjoyable first visit”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

My husband and I drove on a beautiful August day in the mountains and decided to try out this restaurant . We ordered the onion rings, pecan pear chicken salad, and the barbeque chicken sandwich - all were wonderful! We thoroughly enjoyed our meal sitting in the outdoor seating area. Our waitress was great. And I couldn't resist ordering dessert although the servings of our meal was very large. I ordered the creme brulee -awesome - only wish - that it was a larger serving for the price. We will definitely try this place again.

• Visited August 2014
New Bern, North Carolina
“WJ Holiday”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

This place is great with the micro-brewery. And now they are expanding building a bigger brewery for more great beer. Had a small dinner and the food was great. We sat outside and watched it rain and enjoyed the view.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank CarolinaEast
Richmond, Virginia
“No offense, just not better than average”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

After trying to order several beers and being told they were out, I finally had to ask "which beers do you actually have". I understand taps run out but the available should outnumber the unavailable.
Sadly I didn't get to taste the in house ipa but heard the new brewery is being built close to location.
Impressed the burger was cooked as requested considering its size.
It's a place to visit in town so judge for yourself. This is not a review to keep anyone away or bash the place. Wasn't awful but not spectacular. Advised the burgers were great, they weren't that bad but I've easily had better.

2 Thank wfudd
Sanford, North Carolina
“At least be honest!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I came to Jefferson for a weekend getaway for our anniversary. This place was so disappointing. I ordered the chicken fingers which os one of my favorite things to order at restaurants. The description says fresh, battered, etc.. I am thinking these are hand battered from their description and charging 9 bucks for them. The waitress brings me my plate with 2 chicken fingers. What is up with that? I asked her if that is how many you really get for 9 bucks. She said that she thought they give you three and went back to give me another piece. While she goes back, I bite into one. This stuff is from a box tasted like Tyson from the store. I asked her if they were frozen and pre-made. She said she was pretty sure they were handmade. They were garbage and she said she was giving me a credit. Point is don't lie in your description and say something is fresh and make it sound like the cooks are hand battering the chicken. For 9 bucks, you can do better and should do better.

5 Thank SASHLEY99