“Great Local Restaurant with Lots on Tap”
Review of Boondocks Brewing

Boondocks Brewing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Boondocks Brewing was founded in 2012 with a mission to provide a fresh, unique and engaging destination for residents as well as visitors to Ashe County. We are a locally owned and employee run small business that is Dedicated to Excellence and Committed to our Community. We are Ashe County's first and only commercially licensed Craft Beer Brewery and we brew small batches of hand crafted beers weekly. With 2 locations in downtown West Jefferson, Boondocks Brewing offers full service dining, one of the State's best Craft Beer selections, off-site catering, customized special events, private parties and brewery tours. Boondocks Brewing is where the locals go and is a must stop destination for visitors to the High Country. Boondocks Brewing's Tap Room & Restaurant located at 108 S Jefferson Ave is our main location with the High Country's best Craft Beer selection and an extensive and diverse menu with both inside and covered outside full service dining areas. Open 11:00 am 7 days a week. Boondocks Brewing's Brew Haus located at 302 S Jefferson Ave is the home of our Brewing operations and is also our special events venue where we can customize virtually any special event. This location is open by appointment only or when we are are brewing (normally each Tuesday).
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a relaxed eatery with an amazing selection of on-tap beers. They also serve wine and spirits. The menu is tasty and offers plenty of choices. On the walls are photographs from CatchLight Gallery just down the street.

1  Thank TheBarefootContessa
There are newer reviews for Boondocks Brewing

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The service was friendly and the food average, not memorable. It wasn't bad, but pretty much what you would expect from a place similar to Chili's, or Applebee's. We did not try any of the beers, so do not know how those were.

Other people have said the owner came out and talked to them, we never experienced that.

If we want a great burger, we'll be going to Black Jack's Pub down the street. We may give this place another try…not sure

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Worth the trip. I had no idea the food would be as good as it was. I'll be back when I'm in that part of NC.

1  Thank BigCarolinaTraveler
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Good local food and local music is to be had at this restaurant. Plus, we now have our very own micro brewery for bee lovers. Boondocks makes small batches of custom beer sure to please the beer lovers palate.
They now have a great outdoor space for seating weather permits that adds to the ambience.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Enjoyed dinner ..had a burger and make your own pizza..service was good. Only thing that caught my attention was how the Owner picked out certain customers to speak to ..Came to the table beside us twice but never even acknowledged us sitting there... Will go be back...maybe I should have spoke to him first

BoondocksBrewing, Owner at Boondocks Brewing, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you dining with us and for taking the time to post your review.

I sincerely apologize that I not speak with you as I make an effort to speak with as many guests as I can and I certainly do not do this selectively. Each and every guest is important to us regardless of the fact that they are "regulars" or are visiting us for the first time. I hope that you do understand that it is impossible to speak with every guest every day and there are often times when circumstances just do not allow me or my managers to visit every table.

If for any reason you would like to speak to either myself or anyone on my management team, please make sure and let your server know.

Again, I do apologize if you felt "slighted" in anyway and I hope that you will join us again.

Gary - Owner