“Great food AND customer service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Boondocks Brewing

Boondocks Brewing
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Boondocks Brewing Tap Room & Restaurant opened our doors on August 1, 2012 with a mission to provide a fresh, unique and engaging destination for residents as well as visitors to Ashe County. We are a locally owned and employee run small business that is Dedicated to Excellence and Committed to our Community. We are Ashe County's first and only commercially licensed Craft Beer Brewery and we brew small batches of hand crafted beers weekly. We have one of the State's best craft beer selections on tap and in bottles in addition to having our own beer on tap. In 2013 we added an outside dining area that locals call the "Boon Deck". In 2014 we opened our new "Brew Haus" just up the street to provide a venue for large parties, special occasions, offsite catering, corporate events and fund raisers in addition to providing much needed expansion space for our brewing operations.
Waxhaw, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food AND customer service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We hired Boondocks Brewing for catering . Jared was awesome from the very beginning. He was super friendly, quick to respond to emails, & helpful in chosing menu options. Jared & Amanda were punctual on the day of our event and set up everything beautifully. The food was so good & fresh!! The hits of the night were the shrimp BBQ wraps & the potato salad (best potato salad ever!) We would not hesitate to use Boondocks Brewing again & would HIGHLY recommend them!

1 Thank Kristin W

San Diego, California
“What a surprise!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

A very unpleasant surprise, that is. Upon entering the renovated establishment, I took a seat at the bar (uneven and unfinished wood), and awaited some kind of attention from any service staff. After 20 minutes of sitting, thirsty and bored; I was asked gruffly by the bartender, "What you want?"

I received my 60% full pint glass, accompanied by the 35% of foam (Mmm, foam), and was expected to pay the $6 up front, rather than run a tab.

First experience was pretty terrible.

Went back a second time with a friend who is a regular here at Boondocks, and got my beer a little sooner (still had to wait about 5 minutes), and ordered some wings. They were decent, at best. Could probably make better food at home.

Both times I've tried to get a manager to come over and discuss my experience, I had to ask the rest of the staff, until he was pointed out at the bar. Casually drinking his beer, and ignoring the awful service provided.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Louis S
BoondocksBrewing, Owner at Boondocks Brewing, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
The experience that you described is absolutely unacceptable. I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me a direct email to brewman@boondocks-brewing.com with additional information such as dates, approximate time of day, etc so that I can follow up personally with the manager(s) on duty.

I know an apology does not make up for your bad experience but I do hope that you will accept my personal apology. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your review and I hope to hear from you with additional details so that I can address this directly - someone obliviously was not doing their job and not only let you down, they let our entire team down.

Gary - Owner
Murphy,NC
“Best in Ashe County”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Had three meals over a weeks time and all were quite good. Too many draft beers to list. Actually met the owners who were extremely gracious.
Look forward to our next visit

Italy
“A surprise find.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We have a vacation home not far from West Jefferson and during a weekend visit decided to cruise downtown. Saw the Boondocks sign and decided to try it. Crowded and noisy, it was great. The food was good and the beer icy cold. It seemed that they could use a few more wait staff since I waited what seemed to be a long while for a second beer only to be told after finishing my meal that the keg had blown and did I want something else. Had an in-house double IPA that was tasty, though and we will go back again.

• Visited October 2013
BoondocksBrewing, Owner at Boondocks Brewing, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for giving us a try and for taking the time to post your review. I apologize for the blown keg. We go through upwards of 20 kegs (1/6 bbl) a week and we have a constant rotation of new beers that we put on tap so unfortunately there are times when a particular beer is no longer available for a period of time.

We use the smaller kegs as it allows us to serve the coldest draft beer around and it also ensures that we have the freshest draft beer. We do our best to order 2 kegs of the 30+ beers that we have on tap to avoid running out, but that does not always work as planned.

I suspect that the delay in service that you experienced was due to your server having to wait for our Bartender to check to see if we had another keg of the beer that you were drinking. We most certainly can use more wait staff, especially during the really busy periods but we are very picky about who we add to our team.

We certainly look forward to serving you again and hopefully often. The entire team works very hard to bring something fresh, unique and memorable to the area.

Again, thank you for spending time with us and for your review.

All the best,
Gary - Owner
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Superb Hamburgers...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife visited West Jefferson a few weeks ago and told me about the best burger that she had ever had! While vacationing in Boone, we made a special trip to Boondocks for mid-week lunch. Kelsey seated us promptly, provided a menu, and took our drink order. I had a very tasty blueberry-based beer. We each ordered hamburgers of our choosing and I must say, they were awesome! The lettuce and tomatoes were fresh and tasty.

The service was prompt and friendly. Can't wait return to try dinner.

Visited October 2013