“Great Food, Great Beer, Great service....what more could you ask for.”
Review of Boondocks Brewing

Boondocks Brewing
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Boondocks Brewing Tap Room & Restaurant opened our doors on August 1, 2012 with a mission to provide a fresh, unique and engaging destination for residents as well as visitors to Ashe County. We are a locally owned and employee run small business that is Dedicated to Excellence and Committed to our Community. We are Ashe County's first and only commercially licensed Craft Beer Brewery and we brew small batches of hand crafted beers weekly. We have one of the State's best craft beer selections on tap and in bottles in addition to having our own beer on tap. In 2013 we added an outside dining area that locals call the "Boon Deck". In 2014 we opened our new "Brew Haus" just up the street to provide a venue for large parties, special occasions, offsite catering, corporate events and fund raisers in addition to providing much needed expansion space for our brewing operations.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Great Food, Great Beer, Great service....what more could you ask for.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place is great. We have friends that own a cabin in the area and we always visit Boondocks when we are there. I've never had a bad meal and the daily beer choices are always fun. Highly suggest a lunch or dinner if you're in the area.

Galax, Virginia
“Nice place "off the beaten path"”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Having eaten here when it was a steak house, I was pleasantly surprised that they had added an assortment of other items to the menu. They are now a brewer, but have retained their dinner menu consisting of steaks, etc. My wife and I were there at lunch. The restaurant has been changed on the inside. It is somewhat louder than it was as a steak house. Since it was lunch, I ordered a flat bread pizza with beef. This was an excellent choice. The beef was prime rib. I would highly recommend this item. My wife had a salad with chicken. This was an excellent choice as well. In addition to beer, they also have an excellent wine list. If one is in this area (near Boone, NC), I would highly recommend this as an excellent place to have a meal, either lunch or dinner.

jefferson, nc
“Super slow service”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Nice place but the last 2 visits had a long wait for food and terrible service. Very loud atmosphere, not enough seating. Bartender very in attentive.

1 Thank blackbear25
BoondocksBrewing, Owner at Boondocks Brewing, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I apologize that your experience was not as positive as it should have been.

Over the past few days we have served well over 1,500 guests which as you know is unheard of this early in the season. Even with this amount of volume our average ticket time (the time in which your order is entered in to the system until the time it is closed out) has been right at 56 minutes. Considering the fact that we are not a fast food joint and every item is cooked to order that is a really good time. This does not excuse the experience that you had but I hope that you will take the bigger picture in to account and will understand some of the factors that sometimes contribute to "slow" service.

I suspect that your comment regarding your bartender was also due to the amount of business that we had at the time, again, no excuse.

If in fact you joined us at a time that we were not overly busy and you still feel that the service that you received was not adequate, please email me directly at brewman@boondocks-brewing.com with more specifics of your visits (date, approx time, name of server, items ordered, etc) and I will personally look in it.

Rest assured that every member of the team is working extremely hard to bring something special to Ashe County. We are committed to making every visit a positive experience and when we fall short we greatly appreciate hearing about it so we can take any necessary actions to address those cases.

If at any time you do not feel that you are receiving adequate service please ask for the manager of duty. We normally have at least 1 or 2 managers on the floor at all times and I am also usually there myself - sometimes on the floor, sometimes busing tables, sometimes washing dishes, sometimes brewing beer or doing what ever needs to be done to ensure that we are keeping our promises.

I hope that you will continue to dine with us and I trust your future experiences will be much more positive.

Regards,
Lansing, North Carolina
“Fantastic experience!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Although locals, my Fiancee and I had not yet eaten at Boondocks. Today we decided to give it a try and we greatly enjoyed our experience! Although it was 11:15am (the restaurant opens at 11:30am) a staff member saw us looking at the menu posted outside and invited us on in. The restaurant is beautiful and looks nothing like other local spots that serve alcohol (aka Blackjacks). It has a much more family-friendly appeal and has more 'class'. We ordered the "Wolfpack cheese steak sandwich" and a "Build your own burger". Both were excellent! The burger was one of the best I have had! For the quality of ingredients, I felt that their prices were very fair (about $9 for a half-pound burger and fries). The service we received was also prompt and friendly. Our drinks were always filled and our waitress went out of her way to be kind and helpful. We look forward to returning!

1 Thank Deva B
BoondocksBrewing, Owner at Boondocks Brewing, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you dining with us today and for taking the time to let us know of your experience. We take all feedback seriously and it helps us to get better. I am glad that we were able to serve you and I hope that you will become a regular guest as we continue to bring West Jefferson and Ashe County something new, exciting and unexpected.

We look forward to seeing you soon and often.

Lovettsville, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food at a good price. Really great service”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I visited the area for the New River Marathon and had a post race dinner at Boondocks. Their menu has a wide selection and I think our meals were a good value. What really stood out was the service. It was peak time, yet our waitress made us feel like we were the only ones there!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank davidfm3
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. We are working very hard each day to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience. We hope to see you again soon and often.

Regards,