“Grab the ice cream here!”
Review of Candy Shack Cafe & Mercantile - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Candy Shack Cafe & Mercantile
Cuisines: American
Orlando
“Grab the ice cream here!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Chocolate peanut butter ice cream was delicious, real peanut butter chunks! My wife really enjoyed the banana pudding flavor!! Get your ice cream here.....

Greensboro, North Carolina
“candy & bluegrass”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The Candyshack is a cute little store in West Jefferson where you can buy old timey candy, a few supplies for your mountain trip AND get a good meal..... AND maybe even hear some good Bluegrass music! In the back of the candy store, you will find some tables and a mini stage. On the weekends, in the evenings, you can usually find a local bluegrass band, picking and signing away. It's just basic burgers/fries and hotdogs and good ice cream for dessert. I enjoy having ice cream and listening to the locals' music. Usually there are very talented folks in there. The staff is friendly and quick service. Go there for unique, southern candies and neat music.

Visited June 2014
North Carolina
“Great place to eat!!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stopped in and the staff was great. They told me about the special lunch for Monday. The stew beef was tender. Price was about $7.50 with drink. I was surprise how great the meat was.They have one bathroom and it was very clean. They do have a lot of candy there.

• Visited October 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Time Travel - Old Time Cafe & Soda Shop”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Loved this place. My husband had a milkshake and I had a strawberry mango smoothie. Both were served in a soda shop glass. Plenty of ice cream and old time candy here. Made reservations for Friday night for dinner and live bluegrass!

Visited October 2013
Hickory, North Carolina
“Get a milkshake!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stopped here for ice cream after eating lunch at Black Jack's -- it's right down the street. My husband and I both ordered a chocolate shake. My husband asked if they made the shakes with vanilla ice cream and choc syrup, or if they used choc ice cream. The young girl behind the counter said that they used choc ice cream. We prefer the old-fashioned way, with the syrup, so we were delighted when the man working the café part of the restaurant offered to make our shakes the way we like them. He said that's how they're supposed to be made, but no one does it anymore. Our thoughts exactly! A small thing, but excellent customer service. The shakes were delicious. As we were leaving, he told us that if we were in town on Fri or Sat night, that they have live music in the back and that everyone has a great time, dancing, etc. Wish we could come back on Friday!

• Visited September 2013