“Amazing Food, Great Staff”

Black Jack's Pub and Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Virginia and her staff do an amazing job at this unexpectedly friendly and welcoming bar on the main strip of West Jefferson. Tucked between quaint shops and general civic outposts, Black Jack's serves the best (and reportedly the only homemade) food you can find here. One of the best cheeseburgers I've ever had, and the best sit down food I've had in West Jefferson since we arrived.

Highly recommended for lunch or when you want a delicious but affordable dinner and a beer with the locals.

1  Thank chrisboyddotnet

Reviewed July 23, 2013

On a day trip to West Jefferson, this spot was recommended by locals and it sounded like the perfect lunch spot. My blue cheese burger and hand made pub fries were awesome. The burger was so juicy I had to ask for cutlery to finish the meal. My husband's turkey sandwich and regular fries were equally delicious. Service was friendly a d attentive. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Nice place to hang out, the TVs are not loud at all, the staff is super friendly. We enjoyed the Hamburger with blue cheese and their fries were also excellent. We especially liked their dark beer on tap. Will definitely come back again!

1  Thank Swissgirl6
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Black Jacks is a great little spot I discovered while living in Todd. The beer selection is always great with tons of local and craft brews to choose from. The Reuben is INCREDIBLE. The owner Virginia makes the sauerkraut from scratch which is really what makes the sandwich.. I drive 17 miles from Boone when I'm craving a Reuben because it is just that good.

1  Thank Savvywfrabbi
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We really enjoyed our lunch here. The burgers were very good and the service was as well. The pub chips (handmade) were excellent. It was busy, so it wasn't the fastest lunch we ever had, but it was fun to people watch and enjoy the clearly local scene. The menu had other items that looked good as well.