“Golf in the mountains”

Mountain Aire Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful 18-hole public mountain golf course.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

What a fun course.. if you like a lot of elevation changes and sharp doglegs! Played there several times when I worked in the area and you have to work for EVERY hole; the way it should be!

One time was around the middle of May and I was getting ready to tee off the 2nd hole, which was a par 5 if I recall, with the first half of the fairway going down hill, then a 90 degree dogleg to the right... I chose a neon yellow ball in case I had to look for it..... teed off, the ball rolls around the dog leg beautifully, so off I went... when turning the curve I was confronted with a LUSH rough of beautiful dandelions!!
Dropped on that one!! LOL

2  Thank FrankWhite1958

Reviewed June 27, 2014

My husband played the course on our recent honeymoon trip to the mountains--I drove the cart around. :) The course is beautiful and well maintained with gorgeous mountain views and a very friendly staff. We truly enjoyed the afternoon. Play 18--it will be time well spent.

2  Thank Leah H
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Fantastic views, great course. Grounds are very well kept. Good pro shop, clean restrooms. Highly recommend. NC mountains with a true southern hospitality. Ashe County, NC is the "coolest place in NC". Come, stay, and shop our historical downtown.

2  Thank Chuck224
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a true mountain course, beautiful rolling hills with great views, well-maintained, a true gem.

2  Thank Sandy M
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Played twice at this OUTSTANDING course in west Jefferson while vacationing in Blowing Rock last week. Easy 30 minute drive north. What a spectacular golf course. Opportunities abounded for "ego drives" on unbelievable terrain. Hole #6 is a sight to behold. Just watch your driving after you tee off and drive down the mountain switch-back cart path!

1  Thank ForrestHBrown