“Delcious fudge!”

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Delcious fudge!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We came specifically for the fudge! The cheese is great, too, but it's a mountain tradition for our family to go to Smoky Mountain BBQ then come here for fudge to take back for dessert. It's delicious, especially the Snickers!

1 Thank Carolinagirl0224

Greater Cincinnati
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great fresh cheese at good prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

A must stop for locally made cheese and butter in downtown W Jefferson. Reasonably priced and the store also carries local wines, preserves, jams etc.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Laurie H
Lansing, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Cheesy Goodness..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Ever since I was a kid, I have been hooked on cheese curds (also called squeaky cheese) that Ashe County Cheese sells. I recall the school field trips to the cheese factory where I would purchase a bag and have the entire package consumed before the bus pulled back up to the school. I am thankful to still be an Ashe County resident because about once a week I make a trip to get my nostalgic squeaky cheese. At exactly 4 dollars a bag, this is a gem that I feel is best eaten when it is slightly warm.

2 Thank Deva B
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Good Cheese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nice store, friendly people and great cheese! I always enjoy going there when I'm in West Jefferson.

1 Thank MaryAnn M
virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We always visit here when in town...the cheese in very good!! It is a must if you are in town! They also offer a tour which is pretty cool if you have never seen cheese made!

Visited August 2012