All reviews other guests front porch claw foot tub one night the blue ridge parkway ashe county fresh fruit hot water for tea historic building governor's room wooden floors short drive enjoyed our stay beautiful setting sunday morning delicious breakfast north carolina
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2019

We had a wonderful time at the B & B. It's so peaceful. All your worries just melt away. We enjoyed our stay in the Juliet suite, sitting in the parlor chatting with other guests, sipping tea in a rocking chair on the front porch, and being served Paps's delicious breakfast. We would most definitely recommend staying there if you're in the area.

The Brooks'

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way to Tennessee. Lovely place in a beautiful setting of the mountains. We stayed in the madams room. Quaint and friendly. Breakfast was great and Paps was a great host.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2019

Went to West Jefferson with my wife for a wedding. As our flight arrived in Charlotte past 1am, we informed in advance that we would need to check-in past 4am. Besides waking up super early in order to let us in, they were incredibly nice and offer us the possibility to have breakfast later than the usual 8:30am when they serve everyone. Room was nice and clean, and the food was great.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2019

We arrived just at twilight and were met by Steve, "Pap" as he is known. The moment I saw the Keurig coffees and teas and homemade goodies I knew we were all set. The upstairs rooms were furnished in period antiques but a very nice, new mattress! Slept so well. The TV and charging station in the room was an accommodation for the modern traveler. Steve overheard my traveling companion say he was limiting his watching his diet and so Steve prepared the most delicious cauliflower waffles with bruschetta and an egg..., sausage and fuit. Lovely place and we will certainly return.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2019

Husband and I had a lovely stay for one night. Hosts were welcoming and the family style breakfast was delicious. I Particularly loved the homemade biscuits! Our room was comfortable, bed was comfortable too. Close to town and dining options a short drive away. My only complaint is the room could be cleaner, dusty and needs upgrades in bathrooms desperately.

Date of stay: January 2019