“Above & beyond service”
Review of Nation's Inn

Nation's Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in West Jefferson
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Booked a 2BR room for the New River Marathon (at the marathon specialty rate), but my running mate dropped out a couple of days before. When I arrived, I asked if I might switch to a single--I wasn't too worried about the price (the single was only $5 cheaper) but I knew the hotel might be crowded and I didn't need a second bed. The manager behind the counter instead hooked me up with the "apartment suite," which had a separate living room with a couch (and a pull-down sleeper bed), full kitchen, and a second TV, all for no extra charge. They also had printed out race day waivers sitting on the counter; it's not a big thing, but the extra effort is noted. There were some minor cleanliness shortcomings (there was something smeared on the backside of one of the doors), but the bed was clean, and that's all I really cared about--especially at $60/night. There's also an Ingles right across the street, which has a hot and cold food bar, a salad bar, and pre-made sandwiches, and definitely beat driving to Boone to go to Mellow Mushroom. If I run this race again next year, I'll definitely stay at the Nation's Inn again.

Room Tip: If traveling solo, ask if the apartment suite is available when you get there.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2015

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad that you found our motel accommodating for your stay and that the staff and everything was in order. We will endeavor to have those race day waivers available again this year. Though as times have changed our price has gone up a little since your stay.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was, surprisingly, a very nice stay. The room was very clean and sound from other guests was not an issue like some new hotels with thin walls. The staff were quite friendly during check in and check out. The only reason I did not give an excellent rating was because of much needed upgrades for the tired look of the lobby and guest rooms. I hope the owner/management has future plans to do so. I would definitely get rid of the polyester bedspreads. They really should be replaced with lighter colored bedspreads where a guest can actually see how clean it is. Also, ice machines should be added in convenient locations for guests. I didn't like having to get dressed and run for ice in the middle of the night all the way to the other side of the motel. I hope these issues will be addressed as I would like to stay again and recommend this establishment in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank LBC319
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2015

Thank you for staying with us. Unfortunately at this time we don't have the means to add an ice machine on the one side of the motel. It would require rebuilding the stairwell completely to add the extra rooms that the other side has to accommodate the plumbing and other needs. We'll check into your other issues.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was looking for a hotel near Boone/Blowing Rock area due to it was Appalachian University's graduation and all the hotels were booked up in Boone and Blowing Rock. West Jefferson...nice town is only about 25 minutes away if that far....this hotel was in a super spot to get to nearby towns quickly as well as there were nice restuarants in close proximity. Price was AWESOME low, clean..not fancy but to sleep safely and be on our way. Glad I gave it a chance...it met everything I needed for my mom and myself to enjoy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2015

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you found us convenient for your trip to Boone/Blowing Rock. We do hope you'll visit again soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed one night while participating in the New River Marathon. The room was clean. They actually provided an early breakfast for the runners and free late checkout as well, which was truly convenient. This was not a fancy place, but clean, comfortable and thus a good value for the price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Daniel H
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2015

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are happy to serve the New River Marathon. We do hope you'll return in the future soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was our first time staying at the Nations Inn. We've used Eldreth's previously, but their prices have gone up and we've also stayed at the Hampton Inn....which is way overpriced!
So, we tried the Nations Inn on this trip after family recommended it.
Nations Inn is very convenient to everything - food, groceries, gas, shopping, everything you need within walking distance. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They gave us a great rate for the room. The room was clean and comfortable. The fridge was really nice. The shower was great, lots of hot water and great pressure.
It was clear that they are sprucing up the place. Lots of work going on while we were there - painting, cleaning, etc.
We will use Nations Inn for all of our future visits to Ashe Co.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OnTheRoadAgain1958
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2015

Thank you for your patronage, we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is my second trip to this hotel and I have to say it was better than the first. A very nice and clean hotel with friendly atmosphere. The room was fantastic,and everything was excellent. Excellent location, the room is a nice size, the price was very reasonable, and the mini frig freezer--a little larger than others

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2015

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Nice place. Great location.. Nice clean rooms cozy beds... Airy n sunny rooms.. Nice customer service ... Great value for money.. We found out its under new management now and those people were really nice and friendly. Awesome atmosphere and peace of mind. Great place to get away from your all worries n tension.. Get in like a rotten tomato n come out fresh as a lettuce .. Lol

• Stayed: February 2013
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2015

Thank you for staying with us. We are pleased that your experience exceeded all expectations. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Jefferson
#11 of 18 in Boone
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Boone
Quality Inn & Suites University
The Cabins at Healing Springs

Been to Nation's Inn? Share your experiences!