“A good value”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Weldon
Richmond, VA
“A good value”
Reviewed June 23, 2008

We stayed here one night, for the Gatlin Bros. concert at the RR Theater. It was very clean, the carpet was brand new and the TV had a large screen (no HD, though). Also had a pool, but we weren't there long enough to try it out. We would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Cleanliness and price
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
MACON
Reviewed April 25, 2008

Nearing the end of our 2000 mile trip, all we were looking for was a good night's sleep. We got that and more at this location. The room was clean and comfortable and the bathroom was newly remodeled. It looked fantastic and was very clean. The staff was incredibly nice. The free breakfast had a few more items than typical with donuts, pecan twirls and hot chocolate. It is located on an exit with every food establishment you can think of. All in all, it was a great place to stay on the last night of our road trip.

• Liked — Newly remodeled bathrooms, friendly staff
  • Disliked — outside opening doors
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
hunan6
Reviewed March 29, 2008

On our way to SC for vacation, we needed a quick overnight that allowed pets. The days inn in Weldon, NC was perfect for what we needed. It was generally clean and bright. I did not encounter the dirty conditions previously mentioned. The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. The man at check in waived the $8 pet charge because we told him we had a pet (I guess many sneak them in). The bathroom felt a bit dated, albeit clean. Although I would not want to book a vacation here (especially due to its proximity to the paper mill), it was a clean, comfortable room with very easy access to I-95. There are many dining options off the exit as well. If you want something more modern you might want the new Hampton that is being built on nearby, but if you need something that is affordable, clean, and pet-friendly, this is the place.

• Liked — convenience, pet-friendly
  • Disliked — felt a bit dated
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Brunswick GA
Reviewed December 12, 2007

tis propery was undergong repairs during my stay, but the staff did everything in their power to make our stay wonderful...the husekeeping staff was one of the best I've ever seen...eveyone was very friendly....most of all the manager bent over backwards to ensure our vacation was wonderul...couldn't give higher praises!

Stayed July 2007
Altoona, Florida
Reviewed June 29, 2007

Room looked fine, but carpet proved to be filthy. Bottoms of my feet were black after I walked from the bed to the shower.

We had been booked into the back building, but were encouraged by the receptionist to move to the front because "workers" were booked in the back building and might be noisy. I wish I'd ignored that advice, because the noise from the adjacent motel went on until midnight. One of my favorite ways of dealing with noise is just letting the fan run, but there was no fan setting on the airconditioner so I had to choose between noise or frosty air.

Breakfast was fine, coffee excellent and staff pleasant. Location is great -- just a block off the interestate.

Stayed June 2007

Travelers are raving about these Weldon hotels

Allentown, PA
Reviewed March 7, 2007

I travel with a small dog, so I know I have to make sacrifices. And I am gratefull to Days Inn for taking us in, albeit with the extra charge.

Going down south, stayed in Room 329 on 02/11/07. Gorgeous, very clean, just what I asked for.

Coming back north, originally assigned to Room 331. Walk in to crumbs of something on the floor, a frayed carpet with a edges you could trip over, a main bathroom light that doesn't come on, and no window facing the parking lot as requested. The only window lets in very little light. Dingy, poorly lit, and somewhat scarey.

Clerk tells me she had been told my original room was ready to rent, indicating it had been out of service for a while. Anyone from management check first ? Reassigned upon request to Room 325 though I have to take a hit on bed preference to do so.

This room is beautifully clean and even contains tokens for the ice machine, something I didn't get on my way down.

Only problem is, the night auditor wakes me up by telephone a little after 11pm questioning my room move without the pet charge showing up on the new room. 11pm is not too early, unless you went to bed at 8pm to get on the road by 6am.

The night auditor is doing his job, I know. But waking up three hours into a sleep is not fun.

Buy the way, this hotel relegates dog owners to a certain block of rooms in the far back WHICH I FULLY AGREE WITH. I only saw four cars outside the entire row of rooms at 7am so I would think a repeat stayer would be cut a break and given some kind of decent room from the onset. But I would caution dog owners of the following: There was a decided difference in how my first room had been cleaned (and certain things washed) as oppossed to my ultimate second. My dog told my this, and if you are a dog owner you know what I am talking about. Remember, you are paying a pet charge. Enough said.

Wonderfull location for a lot of great chain and otherwise good restaurants. Could empty their outside garbage cans more often. The ice machine tokens was a good touch. Left a tip both times in the good rooms because they were so clean though I know in the second case the bedspreads didn't get changed out.

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank Glenn K
New Jersey
Reviewed February 28, 2006

We arrived @ 10 P.M. after driving all day only to be put in this disgusting room, which I had advance reservations. The furniture looked like it was picked up on the street. The bedding looked like it had not been changed (pillows were stained & sheets were wrinkled). The rugs were filthy black with debree everywhere. The chair was frayed and the stuffing was hanging out the bottom. I would loved to have taken pictures but could not bear to stay in the room! We were horrified, called another hotel and left. We no longer feel confident in the Days Inn name.

• Stayed February 2006
4 Thank TheCriticalTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weldon
Quality Inn Roanoke Rapids
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
#7 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE

Been to Days Inn Weldon Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!