“better room”

Days Inn Weldon Roanoke Rapids
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Weldon
Reviewed August 28, 2012

i had stayed here previously and posted a review, "missing table, tired room". i decided to try here again as it is a halfway point in my travels. this time, the room was much better and i had no problems. maybe they went through the rooms and paid attention to reviews, i don't know but i will stay here again in the future. thanks

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank raymond h

Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

On our way home on an 11 hr trip it was a last minute decision to stop for the night instead of drive through the night and we were pleasantly surprised the rate was very reasonable for the cleanliness and size of the room. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Jdauenhauer
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Overall the motel experience wasn't to great, rooms were clean and not to bad, but a few things bothered me. The front desk clerk the first night was an older woman seemed a little annoyed we asked her if we could book through her for two days in another location near the beach for two nights away, since her little attitude I told her that's ok I will just do it! We booked two nights. The following morning around 11:20 our phone rang, my husband answered it and there was no reply. I said I'll call the front desk in case it was them for some reason, so I called and said we weren't sure if they just called but wanted to make sure they had us down for two days and she yelled at me NO I DiDNT my husband even heard her over the phone across the room! I was shocked and told her ok I told the other woman last night two nights. I wanted to leave right then! Who talks to customers like that???

Also the door had huge gaps in it where it didn't looked sealed and light came in. We found several bugs in the room. The price wasn't to bad and the cleaning lady was very very nice tho! Thank goodness!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My family and I selected this from previous reviews. The check in person was nice and friendly. She also gave a review of the closest restaurants along with an overview of the hotel. The room was nice and clean with just the right things for us. Clean, soft pillow, firm bed, small refrigerator,Microwave, towels and a cold AC. The price was good using my Wyndham Rewards or AAA system. Close to the I-95 exits. We did not hear any road noise either. I'll stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank SMRay
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stayed first week of June while in Roanoke for a Family medical issue. Tonya, who works the front desk is outstanding, she's friendly, efficient, and a joy to deal with. She makes you feel welcome and appreciated as a guest. The hotel is older and is showing it's age. The furnishings, bed covers, floor all show wear and don't make a good impression. That being said, the housekeeping was excellent and our room was spotless the entire time we were there. We were in the front building on the first floor and had no issues with noise. The beds were comfortable and we slept well. The WIFI worked excellent and the breakfast is average. Good service is the key to this hotel, owners could do some upgrading. An OK stay for the money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The clerk at the front desk was very, very nice and check in speedy. There are several buildings housing the rooms at this hotel and ours was all the way in the back, away from the main road. The room was clean but in need of an update. There were two chairs near the window but no table. We were so exhausted from our 700 mile drive that day that we decided on pizza for dinner. We had to sit on the bed and eat our pizza because of the missing table. They offer a breakfast buffet, which we did not take advantage of. OK for a one night stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Nicely updated granite-look shower and sink counter. Free WiFi. Refrig and microwave. Nice furnishings and textiles. Recommend back buildings - quieter than the rooms near the road. Near Ralph's Barbecue buffet - famous!

• Stayed: May 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weldon
Quality Inn Roanoke Rapids
#1 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids
3 mi away
Super 8 Garysburg/Roanoke Rapids
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia

Been to Days Inn Weldon Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!