“House Cleaning”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Weldon
Greensboro, North Carolina
“House Cleaning”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

My Fiance, grand daughter, Chihuahua and my self spent 1 night very restful night in this establishment, rooms were clean, although it was missing the table, granddaughter had to sit at dresser to eat. As we were leaving 2 of the house keepers were fussing with each other 1 at building 2, 1 at building 3 CUSSING across the way in-front of my 7 yr old granddaughter also other customers observed this behavior, This is very unacceptable!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I worked for a comfort inn before and one thing you learn is to not be rude to your guests. There was a little old lady at the front desk looks like she would be nice but no. Had to call in the morning to report our shower was not working and she was very rude over the phone. Then my girlfriend went to the front desk with our son and she was rude to her to. While they were gone a housekeeper decides to just walk in without knocking. Real nice right? They never fixed our shower and made us go to another room to shower. They said they would comp the room after I went and stated my argument at the front desk but we never got a refund. Real nice way to run a hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Weldon hotels

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 29, 2012

i have stayed in this hotel several times as it is a convenient stop. the rooms are a little tired but the one i got this time was very tired. when i walked in, i noticed two chairs set up by the window with the table missing between them. i usually eat at the table and set my computer there also. bummer, was too tired to complain to front desk and instead pulled a chair over to edge of bed and ate there (very uncomfortable). The curtain in window was all falling off of rod (don't the maids notice these things?), there was a towel rod by the sink that was ripped off the wall with two gapping holes not repaired, the furniture was worn, old, and chipped up, and the wall area next to the one bed was all marked up with dirt and such. Where is the maintanence department??? Must be on vacation at a better chain hotel!
Good things about this hotel? the price was very reasonable and the breakfast is as good as one could expect.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Honey Brook, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We spent a night here coming and going to/from Charleston, SC. Had a different room each night and both were clean, quiet and comfortable. The sfaff was friendly. No complaints about breakfast. Loved the microfridge in the rooms. Easy on and off from I95. Used AAA discount. On our second nights stay the night was chilly and when we unloaded and got to our room it was nice and warm .....ahh

Room Tip: 100 to 114 are the closests rooms to the breakfast area.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Likeitquiet
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Stopped here on 2/2/2012 with my wife and Pomeranian, on our way home, because we saw an ad that said it was "pet friendly". The lady at the desk was very pleasant, but informed me that there was only one room left for pets, but it was a "smoking" room. She checked the computer & found it wasn't used for several days, offered me the keys to see if the smell was bad. I checked it out, and it obviously "stunk" of cigarette smoke, but not to the point that I wouldn't stay there. We stayed for the nite, it was clean, and served its purpose. I would not have a problem staying there again & it is just nice to know that I wouldn't have to search for a reasonably priced pet friendly hotel. They should charge a "smoking fee" just as they do a "Pet Fee". The smokers are doing more damage to the room than the pets!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Easy access to Interstate 95, almost unbelievably low rates (ask about ALL discounts!), friendly staff, OK rooms that could use some updating and quick access to various eateries.

Facility is one of about six just off the interstate exit. Be careful which entry driveway you use or you'll end up in another motel's driveway. Staff was friendly, check-in uneventful. Rooms show their age, though clean and adequate. I've gotten VERY picky about cleanliness in my old age and had no complaints with this property. Breakfast was mainly fruit, cold cereals, the usual stuff. Coffee was only OK.

Local dining options - EVERY fast-food joint known to mankind within about a mile. Would recommend going to Ralph's B-B-Q (across Hiway 158 from the hotel and just to the right) for excellent Carolina-style B-B-Q. I personally know that Ralph's is locally owned & operated since 1914 (no, I'm not THAT old!). Awesome B-B-Q served the old fashioned way!

Hotel was adequate, clean and worth the minor stuff (older TV, bed a bit mushy) based on the rate. Worth the stop for weary travelers.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ex-AK
Bluffton,SC
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I was able to get a room for a ridicously low price- so I can't complain much. It is a small town, and not many hotels to offer (but you can go over to the next town that does have some larger chains). Extremely convenient- right off 95!

I was in town with my husband and kids for 2 nights for a wedding. I arrived extremely late (5am) and my check in was very cold and uninviting (At that point, I was SUPER tired and just wanted to sleep). My husband commented that from the outside, it looks like a "cheap motel". Inside, the room was a good size (I had a room with 2 doubles) and clean (that's what I primarily care about). The beds are TRULY a double- so took some getting used to for my husband and I.

I did go down to the lobby for the complimentary breakfast (served from 6a-10a). The bagels were stale- but ok after I toasted them. My kids didnt complain much about the donuts/danishes. However, the next morning, I noticed the SAME pasteries were being served from the day before- nothing new was added (first day, I ate late; second day, I ate early- so unlikely chance they were just all eaten). Granted, they were covered, but I was surprised to see that a new stock wasn't added. I just stuck to the oatmeal that point because then I was more scared thinking how long my bagel from the day before had been "recycled"

Also, before I left for breakfast on the first day, I put out a "Do Not Disturb", but when I returned it was gone, and later my husband told me housekeeping woke him up at 9am (remember- we got there at 5am- the ENTIRE reason why I put out the DND). They did it again the next day (our check out date) when check out is at 11am.

Overall- not horrible. Just wouldn't spend a lot of money to stay there.

I was also offered a no obligation travel service and decided to opt in because I was promised $40 in cash voucher to use towards the room or gas. WRONG! I got the packet AFTER my stay (and I booked 3wks in advance)- and NO VOUCHERS for the room/gas. Instead, I had something for a 5% cash rebate on my room (not even worth the stamp) and rental car coupons. And during the sell- I was told I had 24/7 customer service access. Nope- there is a 24/7 RESERVATION line- but even the customer service hrs are wrong (the card says 10a-7p on Sundays. I called at 1pm and got a "sorry, we are closed." recording). DEFINITELY can not wait to cancel this service!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weldon
Quality Inn Roanoke Rapids
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
#7 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE

Been to Days Inn Weldon Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!