“Excellent Barbecue!”

Kerley's Barbecue
Ranked #5 of 5 Restaurants in Welcome
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

A friend, her granddaughter and I ate lunch here last Thursday (6/20/13). All 3 of us ordered the chopped barbecue sandwiches & sides of fries. The barbecue was excellent! Not greasy and no chunks of fat like some other places. The red slaw was also excellent & complimented the sandwiches perfectly. Their fries were piping hot and not greasy at all. They have excellent iced tea also, my friend said. I drank water because I'm a water drinker :-) There is nothing fancy about the place but it is very clean. My friend lives in the area and everyone welcomed her & her granddaughter back. Everyone that works there was very nice. When I'm in the area again, I will definitely be back for more great barbecue!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

eat here all the time.they get the order incorrect quite frequently but when its right its good.my favorite chili.and having it on my ballpark hotdogs tonite

Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Lexington style barbecue. Good food, friendly staff. Fair price. Give this place a try, Near RCR race shops

Reviewed December 24, 2011

This typical Lexington BBQ joint is in an untypically new building, most NC BBQ places are in old buildings, some just a hole-in-the-wall, The BBQ is solid Lexington NC style, well-chopped and sauced, but milder than it's Eastern NC kin. The slaw is the mild, white variety, and marries well with the chopped sandwich.

As with many BBQ joints, they also produce a very good southern chili dog, with a good meaty chili. I order at least one every time I go there. They also have additional county cooking items and daily specials. This place is worth a shot, if not as a destination spot, then if the opportunity rises.

1  Thank Fred B