“Awesome”

Richard Childress Racing
Lexington, North Carolina
“Awesome”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Awesome! I've never been much of a race fan, my out of town family wanted to go, I learned so much and have come to appreciate Nascar history.

Visited July 2012

derby
“Richard Childress Racing Museum”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

i had a wonderful time there got to see Dale Earnhardt Collection Racing cars all different paint cars his winning cars a big black hauler great pictures Trofies collection Richard childress sarfari hunt collection i had a great time I would go back again alot of history there big time

Visited April 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“A fun place”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Ask them when they do practice for pit crew training. You get to sit in the stands and watch them practice. The museum is great, but that was my favorite part.

Virginia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Great Memories”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We visited the Richard Childress Racing Museum and racing shop while traveling through that area on our way back from the coast. The RCR Museum was fairly easy to find, although you do have to drive through the little town of Welcome, NC. It’s only a few miles off Route 52 at exit 97. There is a RCR Museum sign before the exit.

There was plenty of available parking near the front entrance. It was mid-afternoon when we arrived. You enter the museum by first going through the gift shop. You have to purchase a ticket for the museum; the cost is $12.00. There were a few people in the museum, but it didn’t feel crowded at all. We had plenty of privacy to enjoy all the spectacular displays.

If you were/are a Dale Earnhardt fan, then visit this place. You will experience memories and feelings that you haven’t had in over a decade. Almost the entire museum is dedicated to Dale Earnhardt. There are over 40 Dale Earnhardt #3 cars on exhibit. I remembered every paint scheme in the museum. There are cars there from all the special occasions. The Daytona 500 winning car is there. The transporter truck from his last Daytona 500 is also on exhibit.

On the far end of the museum, you will see some of the other RCR vehicles from more recent years. There is also a large room full of trophies from hunting trips by Dale and Richard.
As we were walking through the Dale Earnhardt part of the museum, there was a souvenir photo area. The lady brought out an original bottle of champagne from their winning Daytona 500 celebration, and let me hold it as she took out picture in front of a green screen. As we were ready to exit the museum, she had our picture ready, which was a photo of us inserted inside the teams celebration win at Daytona. I know it’s fake, but it’s still a cool souvenir.
The photo costs $10.00. As I was paying for the photo, I heard a voice that sounded so familiar. A few seconds later and Chocolate Myers came over and greeted us. Earnhardt fans will remember Chocolate as the famous gas man on the pit crew. He posed for pictures with us, and autographed our souvenir photo.

After leaving the museum, we drove across the street to the current racing shop. The racing shop tour is free and self guided. The building is clean and classy. A receptionist is in the lobby area, and she gave out souvenir cards of the current RCR drivers. It was an awesome site to look down onto the shop floor and see so many shiny new race cars ready to go to the track. Our entire visit took about 3 hours.

I’ve been to many tourist attractions, from Disney to Washington D.C. This is by far the greatest attraction I’ve ever been to. I know I enjoyed it more because I’ve been a Dale Earnhardt fan for decades, but I think any racing fan would appreciate a tour of the RCR Museum.

I highly recommend a visit.

Visited July 2011
4 Thank 3gw
Lexington, NC
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Nascar tour”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I am not your average nascar fan, but I went with a group of friends. Very interesting. This place would be pleasing to an avid nascar fan.

Visited July 2011