“Great desserts!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Weaverville
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Many choices with lots of great-looking desserts! They have vegan cookies and lunch choices, including vegetarian sandwiches, quiches, and salads. Easy to find in downtown Weaverville.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Good food, savory or sweet. great atmosphere, good coffee and tea, cute town. I go there at least once a month. It is a good place to gather with friends or family

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Went in for lunch. Very warm and friendly atmosphere. Great choice of salads, quiches and pastry. Everything fresh. You order and pay at the counter. Staff is proud of their café and its produce. Coffee is one of the best we have tasted in this country and we have been around. Price/quantity and price/quality is great. Lunch for two for USD 20. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Heading on the back roads to TN, was told to stop in here and so glad we did, had a couple of sandwiches, coffee and of course some pastries. Pesto pasta salad was a little intense for me but that's my taste.

Will return someday

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I shared lunch with friends at the Well-Bred in Weaverville and was almost overwhelmed just looking at the desserts in the glass case when we walked in. My friends and I did settle for lunch--we each picked something different--and we all enjoyed our choices. All the entries are pre-made and just reheated at purchase. My quiche was good, but would have probably been great if it had been straight out of the oven. My fresh fruit side was excellent and I wish I could have had more.

The seating is tight--you actually take a number when you go in--so you may need to share a table with other parties. Iced tea is self-serve.

My group of three chose to split a piece of tiramisu before leaving and it was worth every calorie. I'd like to return and just eat dessert the next time. Even those who have to avoid gluten will enjoy a visit to the Well-Bred.