“Wish I could live on dessert!”

Well Bred Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Weaverville
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I shared lunch with friends at the Well-Bred in Weaverville and was almost overwhelmed just looking at the desserts in the glass case when we walked in. My friends and I did settle for lunch--we each picked something different--and we all enjoyed our choices. All the entries are pre-made and just reheated at purchase. My quiche was good, but would have probably been great if it had been straight out of the oven. My fresh fruit side was excellent and I wish I could have had more.

The seating is tight--you actually take a number when you go in--so you may need to share a table with other parties. Iced tea is self-serve.

My group of three chose to split a piece of tiramisu before leaving and it was worth every calorie. I'd like to return and just eat dessert the next time. Even those who have to avoid gluten will enjoy a visit to the Well-Bred.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

My husband and I love to just pop in for pastry and coffee, great place to just hang out. Has great quiche for breakfast. Love their homemade chicken salad. Can't beet this place.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Well Bred is a great place to go for lunch, dinner or desert. Especially desert! They have a great variety and unusual combos. Everything I've had there has been good. In an area where there are a lot of great restaurants its hard to compete but I think it makes all the restaurants step it up. Well Bred has always been one of those places that other restaurants have to stay on the cutting edge to keep up with.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great food and great atmosphere. Free wifi. The cookies and other desserts are awesome. Panini lunch sandwiches are excellent. Don't pass it by!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

If you have not been to downtown Weaverville, this Cafe is worth the trip. The cookies are to die for and the place is so darn cute.

Well maintained and great Main Street hangout