“Worth the Trip!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Weaverville
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed December 9, 2011

In sleepy downtown Weaverville, treat yourself to a first class bakery for breakfast, lunch or snack. Pumpkin french toast casserole, quiche, as well as normal bakery items make the trip worthwhile. The items they were putting out for lunch as we left tempted us to stay and continue eating! Not inexpensive, but reasonable for what you get.

If you eat too much, Weaverville is a nice place for a stroll!

Reviewed December 3, 2011

The Well-Bred Bakery was recommended to us by an acquaintance and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent, and the variety absolutely incredible, both of the meals and desserts available. We had a bit of both and they certainly hit the spot. My only regret is that we only had time for one visit and didn't have the chance to sample more of their treats!

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Although I only got a grilled cheese to go, I could appreciate the nice ambiance and bright decor of Well-Bred. We were told by our local B&B that it was the best bakery in Asheville so I couldn't resist trying it before we left the area. I was glad to see they were doing well (pretty packed on Sunday at 11am), that the line wasn't too long and the service was quick. Both my sandwich and garden salad were tasty, although I wished they had some less obscure "side" options like a pasta salad or specialty chips. The prices were above average for Weaverville but what you would expect for an artsy cafe/bakery. We only saw a few parallel parking spots but the atmosphere and taste of the place totally made up for it, thumbs up!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We were in NC to see the leaves and heard about the artists community in Weaverville so we decided to check it out and that is how we found this gem of a Bakery/Deli.
The baked goods include the usual suspects for your coffee and sweet fix but branch out into adventurous uses of Ginger, Coffee, Chocolate, Coconut, etc. as well. The bread is authentic and toothy (you know what I mean if you love good bread) and there are enough savory selections from breakfast to dinner to justify a return that same day to sample more of both. It's that good!

Reviewed October 29, 2011

Ok..it's been 2 weeks but I still can't get the Honey Pecan Bars out of my mind..I might be going through withdrawls. Great place. We stopped in for breakfast; left with everything lol. Portions are giant...can be shared. Service was great. Tried a egg sandwich special for breakfast & it seemed like one of everything in the bakery case. Carrot cake was a little on stale side but everything else was wonderful! Will be one of those traditional stops on any trip near Asheville.