“Fantastic!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

One of our favs in Asheville. Beth was great, food delicious (reuben and fish tacos -awesome!), margaritas yummy. This is such a cute funky diner atmosphere. Also understand gluten-free and identify dishes on menu. Love everything about this spot. A must try!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

My wife and I have had many delicious meals at Stoney Knob Cafe. Tonight's special was perhaps the best meal ever! The trio of filet and and pork tenderloin, both wrapped in bacon, and a lamb t-bone, was great! Balsamic demi-glacé gave a rich and sharp touch and the tzatziki sauce was a creamy comfort. All these meats were presented on a bed of mashed potatoes and shaved Brussels sprouts. It was a wonderful winter meal.
As always, the server was friendly and did a super job.

1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Really wonderful food!! If you are looking for a cheap meal this isn't the place, but if you are wanting to impress, have a romantic dinner or just enjoy a wonderful meal you have to eat here sometime. Make sure to order an appetizer because there can be a wait for your food. Service is excellent and the atmosphere is unique. They have an interesting menu. I have eaten dinner here several times and hav3e never been disappointed.

1  Thank mythmage
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We were staying at a mountain retreat in Mars Hill, North Carolina and visited Stoney Knob Cafe for dinner. It is a very unique restaurant - inside and outside. The food was delicious! My husband enjoyed the Sargent's scallops & pork belly for $20; seared sea scallops and braised pork belly with Cognac pan jus and herb potato garnished with Chèvre cheese and lingonberry preserves. I had the special of the night - Seafood Tortillini (scallops, shrimp, sausage, cheese stuffed ravioli, and butternut squash) for $19. We were there on a Monday night in late November and did not need to wait for seating. The service and food were very good.

1  Thank Jenny W
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was staying in a rented house in Weaverville with a group of friends for a Girls Weekend. Our first night we didn't want to go into downtown Asheville for dinner so we searched for a place to eat in Weaverville. The Stoney Knob Cafe was listed as nearby and had an interesting menu so we decided to try it and we were not disappointed.
The food is exceptional. I ordered the Salmone di Reserva. The salmon melted like butter in my mouth and the Brussel sprouts prepared with Carmelized onions, bacon & pistachios were delicious. All my friends equally enjoyed their dinners. I will definitely return to this restaurant when in the Asheville area and highly recommend it to others.

1  Thank Hawaii_Explorer