“Local Funk”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
“Local Funk”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We decided to meet some friends for lunch and needed a restaurant half way between where we both were staying while in western NC. We chose Stoney Knob and we are glad we did. Even though it was lunch time reservations were recommended, and we are glad we called ahead. The place was packed with people waiting outside. The decor is funky, the staff amazingly friendly, and the food is very good. If you are in the area, I would put Stony Knob on your list for lunch or dinner.

• Visited October 2012

“Exciting Cuisine”
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Lam Shank out of this world! Braised short ribs an asiago delight! Best manhattan that I can remember. Server was so delightful!!

Tyler, Texas
“Fabulous food and great atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

When we walked in, I was very pleasantly surprised. The outside isn't super fancy, but the inside is cozy and very nice. The fried green tomatoes appetizer was amazing, as well as the focaccia and feta/olive oil that comes before the meal. I had the grouper special with risotto and it was superb. My husband had the scallops and they were also wonderful. The prices were reasonable, too. So glad we got to stop in! Get there early or make a reservation.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Three of us ate here yesterday, and I only wish I could go back today. My husband had the chicken with spinach ravioli, I had the salmon lunch, and our friend had the salmon wrap. The food is of gourmet quality, and the prices reasonable. My lunch, for example, was $11, and it was generous with spinach, basmati rice, and an interesting sauce. The restaurant itself is what might be called "eclectic." With a full bar, a life-sized Virgin Mary, a small pegasus, paintings of bull-fighters, medieval scenes, hanging ropes of silver medallions, etc., etc., there is plenty to look at as you wait for your food, which was served in a short period of time. You can't go wrong here!

Visited October 2012
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Excellent lunch spot!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I've only been here for dinner once and I've never been for the famous brunch, but I love the eclectic lunch specials. Most recently, apricot salmon with asparagus and parmesan potatoes. Everything was perfectly prepared and it was just the right amount of food for lunch. My tablemates enjoyed theirs, too. Service is good, seating is comfortable and the decor offers plenty to talk about.

Visited October 2012