“Very Nice Dinner”
Review of Glass Onion

Glass Onion
Reserve with OpenTable
Glass Onion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Weaverville
Cuisines: Italian, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Glass Onion Is Open In Weaverville, Farm To Table Global Italian Cuisine. OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK LUNCH 11:30-3pm DINNER 5:00-9pm SUNDAY BRUNCH 11:30-3:00pm Reservations greatly appreciated so we can better serve you.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very Nice Dinner”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Very good food. Happily accomodated vegan with beet salad, greens with polenta and grilled veggies. Others in party had pasta with pancetta and scottish salmon with spinach, along with Caesar Salads. I would be happy to eat here again.

Visited July 2014

Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My wife and I wanted to check out the towns near Asheville and came across this restaurant in Weaverville, NC. We were surprised to see an Italian restaurant in this small town. I'm in the restaurant business and really seek out good places to eat whenever I travel. We had a great lunch and the service was very good. I have one comment, I wanted to end my wonderful lunch with an espresso. Not available. Oh well, still worth a visit!!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank David B
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Great Italian food ”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We toured the Blue Ridge Parkway and descended into Weaverville. Very cute town. We looked for a place to eat outside with our dogs. Stumbled on the Glass Onion and wow. Bolananse with wild boar, shrimp over Angel hair. Wonderful garlic rolls. Really was a great find. If you stop there try it, you'll like it.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great community partner and fabulous meal!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Let me start by saying that I work at a local nonprofit, and we have an annual dining event where participating restaurants donate a portion of proceeds from a meal or meals to support our work. In this area, dozens of restaurants participated, and Glass Onion was one of the most generous participants. I decided to dine with them while they were participating, bringing along my in-laws (visiting from out-of-state) and my husband. We made reservations about a week ahead of time, and when we arrived, we were given what I think is the best seat in the house...right by the big, picture window. We were greeted promptly, had wine and bread quickly, and the only trouble of the entire evening was deciding what to order. Our table had a good mix of steak, seafood, pasta and vegetarian items, and everything was delicious. The dessert items - cheesecake and tiramisu - were to die for. The dining experience was pleasant: the restaurant was not overly crowded and they spread the guests out nicely, our server was attentive but not bothersome, and overall, it was simply a lovely place to spend a few hours. It was a perfect date night and certainly impressed our guests. We cannot wait to go back!

• Visited June 2014
Mars Hill, North Carolina
“Unexpected pleasure”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I saw this restuarant as I was riding around the town of Weaverville. So, I called and got a reservation and was I pleasantly surprised! I ordered one of the evenings special which was yellow fin tuna. It was absolutely divine. I will definitely go back when I am in the area. Highly recommend the Glass Onion.

Visited June 2014