“Over priced”
Review of Glass Onion

Glass Onion
Reserve with OpenTable
Glass Onion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Weaverville
Cuisines: Italian, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Glass Onion Is Open In Weaverville, Farm To Table Global Italian Cuisine. OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK LUNCH 11:30-3pm DINNER 5:00-9pm SUNDAY BRUNCH 11:30-3:00pm Reservations greatly appreciated so we can better serve you.
Weaverville, North Carolina
“Over priced”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Prices on entrees PLUS side dishes make for a very expensive dinner for moderate cost items. Poor value for the money. Only one server for the entire restaurant including bar.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mark P
18GlassOnion, Owner at Glass Onion, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you Mark for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor, With the lack of information on why you felt this is overpriced I can only say that we have put alot of time and thought into pricing our menu w/ consideration from where we source our products. All of our entrees come as a complete meal w/ a vegetable and starch. Pasta dishes do not, but there is plenty of homemade garlic bread to accompany. Our sides our priced form $4 to $5, a side of brussel sprouts w/ panchetta is $5. The brussel sprouts are sourced from a local farm in Marshall, side of fingerling potatoes are $4 sourced from a farm in Barnardsville. Our entree prices are are very fair for a complete meal, if you chose to add a side that is your decision to increase the cost of your meal. We use only organic proteins and locally sourced products that does come w/ a higher price than if we were to purchase from a big box company.
Thank you for giving us a try.

Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average food with a high cost”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to try Glass Onion for a recent date night of ours. Overall, we were disappointed with the experience. Our waitress greeted us in a timely fashion and explained the evening dinner features well or so we thought. My husband ordered the harvest fall salad which was to include butternut squash, parsnips and other seasonal vegetables. The vegetables were cut so small, you could barely see them--much less taste them. The salad was overpriced in relation to the size and taste. He also had a whiskey cocktail-- again, small portion with large price. I ordered a flounder dinner special served with rice and asparagus. I would say this dish was of average flavor...nothing special. Overall, I was not impressed with this restaurant and would not recommend it. There are tastier restaurants in Weaverville to try!

Visited November 2013
“Best steaks in Asheville”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic meal last night. I had the ribeye with Gorgonzola sauce, he had the filet...after trading tastes, we really couldn't decide which was better because they were both so good. Salad with apples and walnuts was perfect, and the garlic knots were absolutely worth breaking my 'no carbs' self-imposed rule for. The cappuccino dessert was good, but not quite up to the standard set by the rest of the meal. Our server was Susan, and she was knowledgeable, attentive, and friendly. The atmosphere and lighting are excellent. Well worth a try!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank OlderThanDirtNC
Lexington, Kentucky
“Delightful every time”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We had a fabulous a thanksgiving meal at The Glass Onion. Weaverville is just a few minutes north of Asheville, NC. We make it a point to go to this restaurant when we visit Asheville. It's a nice, warm atmosphere with good wait staff and good food. Always a pleasure. There are a couple of nice art shops and galleries next door, too.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Good Food H
New Orleans, Louisiana
“The best Meal I've had in months!!!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This was my second time to the glass onion and once again it did not disappoint! My parents came to visit from Pennsylvania, so I told them I had the perfect place to go for dinner. they have changed their menu from spring summer to fall winter, and man it was hard to decide what to get because everything sounded so good. I had the half chicken scarpiala(on the menu) which was served with sausage, broccoli rabe, and potatoes(I had to take half home) it was so good! Im goingto eat the rest tomorrow. It was a hard choice because they also were offering a whole red snapper! My wife had the prosciutto apple salad which was a special, I helped her eat some of it. I didn't get an appetizer I was saving myself for dessert!. She also had the gorgonzola pesto crusted ribeye(on the menu) which was huge. she thouroghly enjoyed it and also needed a to go container. my parents both had the beef filet(menu special) which they cleaned their plates, my dad said it was the best steak he has had in months!!! We then shared dessert which was the pistachio nougat, unbelievalbly to die for I could've eaten four of those!!!! and the bread oh my god the bread! Our server Susan was very knowledgeable of every item on the menu and all of the specials she was dynamite!
We live in Swannanoa nc about 20 miles east of Weaverville, so if you live 30 miles or 300 miles from Weaverville bypass Asheville and go check out the Glass Onion!!
We also had the special treat of Chef Natalie coming out and sitting with us for a few moments-AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to go back