“warm & friendly”
Review of Glass Onion

Glass Onion
Reserve with OpenTable
Glass Onion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Weaverville
Cuisines: Italian, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Glass Onion Is Open In Weaverville, Farm To Table Global Italian Cuisine. OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK LUNCH 11:30-3pm DINNER 5:00-9pm SUNDAY BRUNCH 11:30-3:00pm Reservations greatly appreciated so we can better serve you.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

if your looking for nice food with a friendly warm atmosphere and a fair price this is well worth a visit

Reviewed May 26, 2013

As a last minute decision, my husband and I decided to try The Glass Onion. I asked if gluten free pasta was available and not only was it available, but our server, Susan, immediately brought us gluten free bread with garlic and olive oil dipping sauce. We enjoyed excellent creative salad specials for the evening, good wine and delicious pasta dishes. As soon as our pasta was served Susan immediately asked us to wait a moment so she could double check with the kitchen that gluten free pasta was used. Later she offered to advise us on which desserts were gluten free.
Our meal was very good and the service was excellent. We will be back - and will make reservations. The restaurant was packed; we were lucky to be able to be seated without them that evening

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stopped in for lunch for the first time. We got soup and salad, and it was great. The chef/owner came out to make sure everything was good. Can't wait to go back for dinner!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Weaverville is a small town. Real small. You wouldn't expect to find a restaurant like the Glass Onion in a rural place like this. The food and presentation is more upper crust than you would expect. My wife and I had the trout. Delicious. We'll be back.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Our first trip was a couple weeks after they opened and we weren't too thrilled. The send visit for dinner tonight wasn't much better. Yes, the food was excellent even if it was overpriced (Salmon $22, Pork Chop $23) but the waiter and woman hostess (I believe she is one of the owners) were both disinterested, snooty and rude. There were no smiles, no visits to our table to see how our meal was, walking away from the table as they were speaking, no eye contact...just not a pleasurable experience. Even saw the woman roll her eyes at people she was showing to a table. It was behind their backs but we saw it! Uncomfortable chairs and bench seats too. We are locals and can walk to town...we just won't be stopping here anymore.

18GlassOnion, Owner at Glass Onion, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

RE: A question regarding your review of Glass Onion

Regarding: Weaverville: Glass Onion: Second visit...not much better

From: 361LisaB

Status: You replied to this message at 9:20 am, April 17, 2013

Yes, that was our table and we have purchased AIR passports for several years and understand the tip situation - the review had nothing to do with that. Not every restraunt is for everyone and this just may not be for us. I agree with you about too many interruptions but I like to have a waiter smile and check on us after the meal arrives and not just when he brings the bill. Filling our water glasses (if the decanter is on the table, I prefer to fill my glass myself) doesn't count as checking on us since he didn't say a single word. Maybe it was an off night I don't know. I would like to ask about the salt on the tables though. Why communal salt bowls? I find it "gross" to pinch salt after others have done so.

On April 14, 2013 10:39 AM 18GlassOnion wrote:
Dear Lisa B
I am very concerned and bothered by your recent review. I apologize you did not have a pleasent dining experience, I am very aware of which table you were as there was a misunderstanding w/ the final bill. As a member of the AIR passport book we are encouraged to add the gratuity so the waitstaff are not hurt in our participation. I observed Ronan go over to your table to see that everything was to your liking and didn't feel it nessasary to disturb you. There was no disinterest or snooty meant by that, I feel too many interuptions to a table may be a bother.
We take great pride in what we are doing as you mentioned the food is excellent, we purchase natural, organic and local products which reflect the cost. We do not use big box companies.
I do apologize again, we know how important every customer is and the majority of our reviews reflects that as these reviews can be detrimental to a small community restaurant.
If you would please try us again, I assure you a pleasent dining experience, everybody has an off day sometimes.I apologize if this was ours.
Best Regards, Natalie