“A Thanksgiving Day disaster!”
Review of Old Weaverville Mill Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Old Weaverville Mill Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 8, 2012

WE went there for Thanksgiving dinner and the food was cold and tasted like it came out of a can with no other seasoning.

3  Thank sweettes

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I have been to the Old Weaverville Mill Restaurant many times during the past 25 years. The produce is locally grown, the bread is fresh baked and the owner is always welcoming. The Mills is a small business that sets its own hours. The menu is small , the desserts are delicious and so are the vegetables. The Mill can accomodate small groups as well as private parties. Charming inside and I LOVE IT!! Very Quaint and unrushed.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

We had been in Asheville all week and wanted to stay a little closer to our rental cabin for the weekend, so we opted to try this place. It's a wonderfully restored old mill building, but it could be a lot better in the pricing and/or food. The property might have a view of the creek that used to power the mill if they would mow the overgrowth. Food was very overpriced for the quality. But the building is so neat, I hope they either fix the food or prices soon, I'd hate to see the place go under the wrecking ball.

Reviewed October 19, 2009

I'm a picker eater and was very pleased that the waitress went out of her way to accomodate my taste. Great service and a quaint atmosphere. Felt right at home. Loved the warm rolls!

Reviewed June 20, 2009

I was at this restaurant 5 years ago and had a good meal. At the time the setting, the service and the food were worth the extra couple bucks. This time, oh dear, I was embarrassed to have recommended the restaurant to my sister. We arrived around 7:30p on a Thursday with no one else in the parking lot. At $18 per entree, it was no bargain. Tiny, little rolls that likely could have been Pillsbury (which is fine at home but not dining out), a salad (the highlight of the entire meal was the fresh herb dressing), a serviceable trout entree served with rice pilaf and an awful, overpriced "prime rib" stroganoff which was OBVIOUSLY microwaved by the hue of the meat. Since my sister's trout was apparently fine, I ate mostly noodles and mushrooms. We did ourselves a favor and went to Asheville to find a yummy dessert to offset this awful meal. This restaurant should do itself a favor and close.