“A cozy place with tasty food and friendly atmosphere”

Weaverville Milling Company Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Panama
“A cozy place with tasty food and friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

It is so pleasant sitting on the porch in the evening. The service is friendly and accommodating. The rainbow trout specialty is my favorite dinner. There is a special homemade (of course!) sangria that is yummy too.
This old mill was well suited for a restaurant, and you can eat inside in the original structure, or sit out on the added porch.
Besides dinner, I have also attended several functions at "The Mill," and have enjoyed being there at those times.
Save room for a homemade dessert!

• Visited May 2011

Weaverville, North Carolina
“One of the Locals that Loves the Mill”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I have lived in Weaverville for over a year and a half. The first restaurant my husband and I tried when we moved to Weaverville was the Weaverville Milling Company Restaurant. It was a cold and rainy Friday night and we were the first ones in the parking lot at 5:00 pm. We met Sally, the owner, as we walked in. As we chatted about being new in the area, the restaurant quickly filled up with other locals and a few that seemed to be from out of town.

My husband and I both had delicious chicken entrees, fresh salads with the signature herb-dill dressing and garden veggies. We loved the petite dinner rolls. The bread pudding and coconut cake were to die for. Since our first meal there we have eaten at The Mill at least once a month and usually twice: always seeing friends and neighbors at other tables.

We recently had out of town visitors and we looked up The Mill on line for reviews and were astonished with the horribly wrong reviews we saw there. Our experience has never been what some of these reviewers have said. The staff, the food, and the atmosphere have always been friendly, delicious and warm and inviting. The Mill is always the first place I bring my guests.

And now, with the new chef, new dishes are appearing almost every week. We have attended several parties at The Mill. The food they provided has always added to the upbeat feeling of the event.

I highly recommend that everyone experience dining at The Weaverville Milling Company Restaurant. That first night when we left, the parking lot was full, as it has been most times we have dined there.

A Weaverville Milling Company Restaurant Fan

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank Mimi C
Waynesville, North Carolina
“The empty paking lot on a Saturday night should of tipped us off.”
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Driving back from Hot Springs we decided to experiment. This place looked rustic and fun. The waitress behaved as if we were unwelcomed guests. I ordered the Beef Stroganoff. My date received the and Shrimp, Sausage and rice. The salad was very small with nothing but lettuce and other greens. It was looked like the "Spring Mix" sold at Sam's Club. We laughed at the rolls when they came. They were hidden under a heavy cotton napkin. On top of the napkin was a paper cup that held massive wad of whipped butter substitute. The four tiny rolls were the stingiest portion I have ever received. The wad of whipped margarine was bigger then the rolls! When I said grace before eating the main entree my prayer was, "Lord help us survive this meal". Unfortunately my prayer was necessary. The rice was over cooked, starchy and clearly some "Instant type" the noodles were undercooked. The sausage was probably a Hillshire Farms type. The shrimp numbered only 4! It was dismal. The Beef Stroganoff looked like a warmed up TV dinner. This was really unexcusable since they were advertised to be prime rib pieces. My girlfriend was so insulted and hurt because this was to be my special birthday meal. I will stop writing because I need another antacid pill to counteract this very sad meal.

2 Thank Zenfool
Weaverville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dependably mediocre; Really cute setting and atmosphere”
Reviewed June 19, 2010

OK to try if you just have to see the inside of this old grist mill. That is the best part. Maybe should be a museum instead of a restaurant. Maybe a better description is that this place is what Cracker Barrel pretends to be. The food is fine, just not anything you can't cook as well at home. There always seems to be plenty of room, so the lack of popularity isn't all bad. To be fair some of the locals simply love this place, so if you are really curious give it a try. We revisit this place about every year or two to see if it has improved: no better, but no worse. I remember the price's were reasonable, so we did not feel taken advantage of, just not delighted. I had a good fried pork chop with standard vegetables, wife had baked fish. All just average, which is OK too. Just wish the food was better to go with the charming atmosphere.

Chicago
“Great Food with Wonderful Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 2, 2009

We were staying near Weaverville and we asked one of the local people in town where they would go for dinner. They told us to check out the Weaverville Milling Company. We did and were pleasantly surprised. We found a charming building with an inviting porch. The interior of the Mill had a homey feel. The staff was warm and friendly.

I ordered the Fresh Rainbow Trout, salad with herb house dressing and herb rice. The trout tasted as if I had just caught it. It melted in my mouth. The herb dressing on the salad was a favorite also. My wife ordered the Pork Tenderloin with Apple-Nut Stuffing. She told me that the dish had such good flavor. We felt that both dinners were well worth the cost.

We were told to save room for desert and we were glad we did. We both had the peanut butter pie. Yum. I am ready to go back.