First, it is important to know that the Waynesville Inn is really more like 3 different hotels: The main building is a historic lodge with rustic decor, two dining options and a bar, and is quite charming. There are also two styles of buildings that are separate, including cottages:
The newest of these are exceptional, have suite-style rooms, semi-private patios, and lovely views of the golf course and mountains. (This is where we ended up staying).
The other option you should avoid. The oldest separate buildings are dated, and the rooms are small, dingy and unpleasant. Make sure when you make reservations to ask which building you will be staying in.
We had some confusion when we arrived regarding our reservation. The hotel was full and we ended up "trying out" all three styles of rooms. The management staff was extraordinarily helpful and accommodating in dealing with some issues that were completely out of their control. They provided us with drinks while they were sorting out rooms and in the end we ended up with the perfect location.
This inn is clearly a golfers destination; we are not golfers, but found it equally perfect for our leisure vacation. Location is great for exploring the areas natural attractions!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the Great Smoky Mountains on one side and the Blue Ridge Parkway and Balsam Mountains on the other, The Waynesville Inn Golf Resort & Spa has been welcoming visitors to a casual and relaxed mountain atmosphere since the 1920s. Located just a mile from the shops and restaurants of Historic Downtown Waynesville and only a short drive from Asheville and Cherokee, the Inn offers:Stunning mountain views from many of its 111 guest rooms27 holes of championship mountain golfTwo distinct on-site restaurants Several versatile indoor and outdoor event spacesOn-site Balsam Spa offering massage and body treatments, nail services and waxingFree Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Hotel Waynesville
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort And Spa
- The Waynesville Hotel