“Great for golfers!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Waynesville
Ivel, Kentucky
“Great for golfers!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

This place is a great place for golfers and couples. I am blessed that I have a girlfriend who loves to play golf with me so this was a perfect place for us to stay. Now if you are a person or couple who wants to stay at the finest, most up to date facilities, then this is not the place for you. The inn needs to be updated a tad; heck they still use metal keys. But if you are there with your significant other or with a group of buddies and want a CLEAN place to stay and to play some excellent golf then this is the place for you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shawn D
Chris C, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for taking some time to share your thoughts about our property. I hope we will have you back for a few nights and some more mountain golf very soon. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Salem, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

We enjoyed our weekend at the Waynesville Inn. This was our first visit. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Our room, although dated, was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included both mornings and was very good. We ate dinner at the Cork and Cleaver our first night and the food was excellent! We also ate in the Tap Room and found the food there was also very good. Service at both restaurants was excellent. The weather was phenomenal and the Inn is located a short distance from Asheville which is a favorite of ours to visit.

2 Thank Cat55400
Chris C, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you so much for taking a few moments to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I have forwarded your review to all of our departments, and I am sure the staff will be excited to read your kind words. I hope we will have you as a guest again soon. Safe travels!
Metamora, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Thank you to all of the friendly staff at Waynesville Inn. We left Michigan in an ice storm to find our way down there to your beautiful property. Never been there before, definitely going back .

Due to my profession I travel the country conducting seminars and have stayed in hotels everywhere. Sometimes its a brand new hotel on the ocean , another time it might be an old hotel in the mountains. Either way I only expect the basics. Friendly, courteous staff, and a clean room. The Waynesville Inn had these basics, and plenty more.

Staff:
From Dale, and Todd in the Pro Shop to Leslie, Robert, and Alan In the Restaurant and Pub, the staff couldn't have done a better job for making us feel at home.

Food:
As far as I am concerned, they had 5 star meals. My wife and I had dinner in the restaurant one evening and in the Pub the other. They both were superb. The Pub served us Filet Mignon that was to die for. Cooked perfectly. If I was a local I would be eating there often.

Room:
We had a "mountain view" room. Exactly what we were looking for. Our balcony overlooked the eighth T box of the big and beautiful "Carolina" course. Rooms were exceptional. Spacious, clean and comfy.

Golf:
Now, the reason I was there. GOLF! They have 3 nine hole courses. I played them all. Challenging and beautiful. If you only have time for 18 hit the Carolina and the Blue Ridge. You wont be disappointed.

This is one of those places that you show up to and don't expect much. I know I didn't. I was just there to get away from Michigans winter. I would have stayed anywhere down there. But by chance, ( another resort wouldn't return our phone calls) we ended up there.

So thankful. Glad we found the Waynseville Inn, North Carolinas "Best Kept Secret"

Darwin and Angela

1 Thank Darwin B
Likewise, we are so thankful that you were able to get away from the ice storm and stay with us in Waynesville! I will make sure to get your review in front of our staff members, especially those that you mentioned in your post. Again, thank you so much for your business. I hope we will have you back in Waynesville soon!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Bad: Bed was hard as a rock and a tiny TV. There was no corridor. The rooms open to the outside and opened with a metal key.
Good: The room was large and clean. Our room looked out on the golf course. It was very pretty.
Not a place to take your wife unless she's a golfer.
We prepaid for 2 nights, and left after spending 1 night.

2 Thank BouvieDogs
Chris C, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
I'm so sorry your recent trip to Waynesville did not meet your expectations. Indeed, our property features many rooms with exterior entry, as guest rooms are spread among 6 separate buildings across the campus. All Historic rooms, however, are located in the original Lodge building and offer interior corridor entry if that is a concern. I have noted your thoughts about some of the things in your room, and we are working with vendors to have your concerns with bedding and TVs addressed very soon. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for taking some time to share your thoughts. Safe travels!

Travelers are raving about these Waynesville hotels

West Jefferson, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was our second visit to your Inn. The accommodations were very comfortable and the service was excellent. The Cork and Cleaver Restaurant served an outstanding dinner dinner and would return if for no other reason than to revisit the restaurant...and the breakfast was exceptional! We look forward to returning. The only criticism was the quality of the bed sheets. They were somewhat threadbare, like a thin gauze. In any event, we will return, thanks for your hospitality. Jim and Anne l. Jefferson, NC

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for taking a few moments to share your recent experience in Waynesville. It is very rewarding to hear from repeat guests and we are honored to have hosted have your Valentine's getaway this year! I will make sure the restaurant and culinary staff receive your compliments. Thanks also for your feedback regarding your bed linens. We will be weeding out any distressed sheets very soon as we head into the spring. Thanks again for your continued support!
Charleston, SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

This place looks good from the outside and the prices are very reasonable. But, we don't plan to stay there again. Whoever was in charge of expanding the "new rooms" did it on the cheap. It reminds me of a cheap Days Inn. When we drove up to our room we both thought it looked like a storage unit. Mattresses were not comfortable. Breakfast was OK. The front door lock for our room kept the key and we had to get them to send a man over to open the door. Anyway, needless to say, we will be looking for another place to stay in Waynesville.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank ESL
Chris C, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thanks for taking a few moments to share a review with the TripAdvisor community. I apologize for the shortcomings you endured while you were here and regret that your stay fell below expectations. I appreciate your comments and have made note of them for future improvements. Thanks again for posting some details of your stay. I hope you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to host you in Waynesville.
Duluth, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was our second stay at the Waynesville Inn and we had a very favorable expeience. The Mountainview Room was roomy, clean and was very comfortable. Breakfast was included both days and it was delicious. We would stay again!

Room Tip: Choose a mountainview room. Very scenic!