This past weekend, our group of Fraternity brothers went to the Waynesville Inn for the 22nd year in a row. The golf was outstanding. The course was in beautiful shape, and the greens were absolutely perfect. The only waiting on the course was due to players in our own group, and we quickly corrected that.
The poor service took place at the restaurant, which we eat breakfast and dinner each day we're there, so Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning. Friday night, we were literally the only people in the restaurant, and it still took 90 minutes to get our entrees. In addition, when we arrived that evening for our 7pm reservation, the wait staff had no idea who we were or why we were there. In other words, our reservation never got booked. They made amends, but the fact that we were the only ones in the restaurant made that much easier.
The service on Saturday night was very similar, although this time they knew we were coming, and had a nice table for our entire group outside. But again, the service was very poor, and very slow.
To top all that off, the average ticket for EACH person in our group was over $50. That's $50 for one person's dinner, PLUS drinks, if you ordered alcohol.
We'll be back next year, assuming it's still in business (you could easily see some drastic cut backs and lack of maintenance around the hotel facilities), because that's our tradition. However, we all agreed that we would order pizza for dinner, save $500 for our group, and hang out at the Cottages, rather than endure the poor service and WAY overpriced food.
Breakfast buffet - especially the omelette bar - is very, very good. Not as good as the golf, but very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the Great Smoky Mountains on one side and the Blue Ridge Parkway and Balsam Mountains on the other, The Waynesville Inn Golf Resort & Spa has been welcoming visitors to a casual and relaxed mountain atmosphere since the 1920s. Located just a mile from the shops and restaurants of Historic Downtown Waynesville and only a short drive from Asheville and Cherokee, the Inn offers:Stunning mountain views from many of its 111 guest rooms27 holes of championship mountain golfTwo distinct on-site restaurants Several versatile indoor and outdoor event spacesOn-site Balsam Spa offering massage and body treatments, nail services and waxingFree Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort And Spa
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Hotel Waynesville
- The Waynesville Hotel