“Beautiful views, clean room”

The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Waynesville
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was our 2nd time staying here. The view is beautiful. Room is clean. The bed was not so comfortable this time. We paid more for 2 queens instead of doubles. I think the double bed must have been newer. The staff is very friendly and the breakfast buffet is very good. I will give it another chance in the future.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room with new mattresses.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Chris C, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

It's always nice to hear from repeat guests! I apologize that the bed was not as comfortable as during your prior stay, and I appreciate you compliments regarding the staff and breakfast being to notch. I have shared your review with the remainder of the management and we all look forward to your next visit. Thanks for sharing your experience with everyone!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here for 2 days over the July 4 th holiday. While the weather was on and off rain, we were able to get in 18 holes of golf in on two of their three golf courses. The courses were lovely, the greens the best we've ever played. Quaint room in the old section, tight bathrooms, but the place was clean. Great location - We will definitely go back

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking some time to share your thoughts about our property with the TripAdvisor community. I am glad you were able to find us for a holiday getaway, even if the weather didn't fully cooperate. Thank you for your kind words and for your business. I hope to hear from you from you during your next visit!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Spent three nights here in early July. Check-in was quick and easy. Very nice golf resort located in the Smoky Mountains of southwestern North Carolina. Twenty-seven (27) holes. Well designed for the average golfer. Excellent condition, especially the greens. We upgraded to a Mountain View King (its actually a golf course view) that was very nice (room 285) and well worth the upgrade price. Had lunch in the Tap Room, which was very good. Dinner in the Cork & Cleaver restaurant was excellent, but a little pricey. Breakfast buffet was included with the room and it too was very good. Plenty of selections, an omelet/waffle station and superb service by the staff. Only complaint that we would have was that the free wireless internet was extremely slow. Other than that, a great stay.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a "Mountain View" room, which is actually a golf course view. We had room 285...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris C, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Thanks so much for sharing your experience at the Inn with the TripAdvisor community. It looks like you were able to experience almost all facets of the property and I am happy you had such a wonderful time. I have taken note of the WiFi issue and will look into it as well. Thanks again for your time in posting a review. I hope we will see you in Waynesville again soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I stopped in town to visit family to start our honeymoon. We decided that this would be a nice place for just a night seeing as it didn't cost much. We were fortunate to get bumped up a room and found ourselves in absolute love with the place. We had the most gorgeous mountain view. The room was very spacious, and was very accommodating. Staff was polite, and breakfast was spectacular.

My wife and I are certain that this will be the only hotel we decide to stay at in the Western North Carolina area from this point on.

Cons: Little to no wifi... which prevented me from writing an immediate review on how much I loved the place.

Room Tip: Get the mountain view, its worth the additional $30
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris C, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

First of all, congratulations! I am very proud we were able to play a small part in the opening chapter of your marriage. Thank you so much for your kind words and for your time in posting a review. I hope we will see you again very soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were impresssed with the accomodations and breakfast both mornings (Friday/Saturday). Our room and balcony in Golfview were large and the view of the course and mountains was unbeatable. The breakfast (buffet) had a large variety of choices, including eggs to order, and the members of the staff was very friendly and helpful. The bed was a little bit harder than we're used to but still comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Waynesville. I appreciate your compliments regarding the staff and will make sure to circulate them throughout the property. Thanks so much for your business and for taking some time to post a review of the Inn! Safe travels!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Got a great deal through Livingsocial and planned a little anniversary get-a-way. Wonderful place. Nice, clean rooms, great FREE breakfast (included in Livingsocial deal) & excellent, kind, attentive staff. Had a wonderful time! Thanks!

Room Tip: Golf view room has great views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris C, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

I appreciate you kinds words about the Inn and our staff. It is very rewarding to hear from such a satisfied guest. Thank you so much for taking a few moments to share your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community. I hope we will see you in Waynesville again soon!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We were with a big group....about 90 of us in all. The room we stayed in was fine. We were at the end unit, not by the noisy A/C unit which I had read about earlier, in the Mountain View area. They are suppose to be the newer units. The place is in need of some updating, that I will say. We had two cocktail parties and two dinners that the resort put on for us and the food was wonderful. They did a great job with it. I only wish they had better wines. They served really cheap wine which I care not to drink. I noticed in the Tap Room bar they had the same ones. The golf courses are very good, I heard, since most of the people in our group played them. Our room was big enough..enjoyed having the big closet and the shelves in the bathroom for storage but the bathroom was very small. We enjoyed sleeping with the A/C off and the balcony screen doors open bringing in cool fresh mountain air. It was a convenient location and a nice and peaceful stay.

Room Tip: Not on the end where the A/C units are located or you will not enjoy using your balcony. Mountain V...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking some time to post some thoughts about the Inn. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and we always love taking care of your group each year around this time. I have forwarded your comments to the remainder of the management team for review. Thanks again and I hope to see you next year, and maybe even before! Safe travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
#3 of 25 in Maggie Valley
Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
#1 of 25 in Maggie Valley

Been to The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!