My wife and I just visited the Waynesville Inn on another Groupon offer. This time we stayed in a Golfview room instead of the historic part of the Inn. The slight extra cost was definitely worth it.
The Golfview room was much more modern than the room in the historic section and was about 13 x 18 feet (not counting the bathroom or a large walk-in closet). We had a wet bar with a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. There was a desk which worked great for our computer…the free wi-fi worked well and connected easily. The flat panel TV was about 27 inches with many cable channels. There was a small patio outside the room (1st floor) with 2 doors (which also had screen doors for nice weather) opening onto it. The patio provided a good view of the golf course and the mountains in the distance.
The first room had a king bed that was too firm for us….the staff quickly moved us to another room when we requested (and with a smile!). The only other item we noticed was the bathroom lighting was a bit dim. Overall the room was very clean and we were well satisfied. The walk-in closet was a nice feature being roomy and with a table to unload the suitcase on.
Breakfast was mixed on the 2 days we were there. The first day we arrived toward the end of service and found the buffet food was a bit stale. The second day made up for it as we arrived earlier and found the chef making custom omelets which had not been available the first day. The food also seemed much fresher on the second day and the omelets were very good. Having had good breakfasts on our first visit (and omelets both days), we assumed the lower number of guests during this visit and our late arrival may have contributed to the first day not being up to normal standards.
We enjoyed Waynesville with it shops, galleries and several very nice restaurants. We explored the surrounding area going to Maggie Valley as well as Ashville. As one resident told us: “There are no bad drives around the Waynesville area.” Unfortunately, the Blue Ridge was closed due to the time of year and weather.
We look forward to returning to the Waynesville Inn and continuing our exploration of the surrounding area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the Great Smoky Mountains on one side and the Blue Ridge Parkway and Balsam Mountains on the other, The Waynesville Inn Golf Resort & Spa has been welcoming visitors to a casual and relaxed mountain atmosphere since the 1920s. Located just a mile from the shops and restaurants of Historic Downtown Waynesville and only a short drive from Asheville and Cherokee, the Inn offers:Stunning mountain views from many of its 111 guest rooms27 holes of championship mountain golfTwo distinct on-site restaurants Several versatile indoor and outdoor event spacesOn-site Balsam Spa offering massage and body treatments, nail services and waxingFree Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Hotel Waynesville
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort And Spa
- The Waynesville Hotel