We found the Waynesville Inn quaint, convenient and wonderfully clean. Unique is not hyperbole here. Even the negatives are endearing. You'll be glad you stayed.
We stayed in the historic original clubhouse, in a queen non-smoking room with a balcony.
The balcony and its view were the best features. The spacious balcony is tucked beneath the high ceiling of the Cork & Cleaver's open terrace, well-back from the weather, and with an ashtray provided. The view across the restaurant, historic golf links, and up to the mountain ridge beyond are beautiful.
The closet came in second. It swallowed our empty luggage and all of our unpacked stuff.
The charming, pine paneled room itself is quite small, and the bathroom is simply tight, but the large balcony and closet make up for it. The towels seemed very new. Everything was as clean as a whistle. I understand the fairway rooms are standard sized.
We love room service and missed it at Waynesville. Breakfast and dinner were above average. Service is enthusiastic. Breakfast is included (don't forget to tip your waitress based on a $12 value). Generous portions and competitive prices made the tavern a great choice. My classic beef tips entree had an entire NY strip hidden in it.
Here's what lacked: The bed set seems left over from the 1970's, inexplicably. An incredibly cheap mattress with bad springs on one side. The linens felt like pantyhose material. Acrylic foam blanket. The HDTV only received analog cable. The basic fitness room consisted of one treadmill, one elliptical and some dumbbells (this *is* an athletic facility). The front desk staff seemed disinterested.
The location is excellent, moments away from the highway exit, with easy access to both Asheville and the casino at Cherokee. The Blue Ridge Parkway's southernmost segment encircles Waynesville, and there are four recommended access points that include the highest elevation on the entire parkway. On Main St, we ate A+ barbecue at Blue Ridge BBQ Company and bought penny candy at the Mast General Store location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the Great Smoky Mountains on one side and the Blue Ridge Parkway and Balsam Mountains on the other, The Waynesville Inn Golf Resort & Spa has been welcoming visitors to a casual and relaxed mountain atmosphere since the 1920s. Located just a mile from the shops and restaurants of Historic Downtown Waynesville and only a short drive from Asheville and Cherokee, the Inn offers:Stunning mountain views from many of its 111 guest rooms27 holes of championship mountain golfTwo distinct on-site restaurants Several versatile indoor and outdoor event spacesOn-site Balsam Spa offering massage and body treatments, nail services and waxingFree Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Hotel Waynesville
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort And Spa
- The Waynesville Hotel