My wife and I stopped here on our last night of vacation in Western NC. I was looking forward to it as I really wanted to golf while my wife took advantage of the spa and exploring the quaint town of Waynesville. The property itself was beautiful, the entire staff from the hotel, restaurant and golf course were super friendly and genuinely seemed eager to assit in any way. Breakfst in the morning was delightful. I also really liked the layout of the golf course. If you are a duffer, you need to play all 27 holes. Beautifly maintained and receptive greens with a few really challenging holes. The only really negative about the place is that the accomodations are in dire need of some updating. We stayed in one of the Mountain View rooms right off the golf course and while the view was stunning and the room itself was clean, it looked like a trip back into 1984. I'm not one to get too hung up on this sort of thing as we have stayed at other places that are more "rustic", but for the price you think they could at least update the linens and comforter on the beds. One positive note about this, they haven't updated the plumping either so the water pressure was awesome as compared to most other properties these days which have retrofitted showers and toliets with low-flow fixtures. Despite that, we are looking forward to a return visit. It will be on our list for our stopover night on the way to Pawley's Island from now on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the Great Smoky Mountains on one side and the Blue Ridge Parkway and Balsam Mountains on the other, The Waynesville Inn Golf Resort & Spa has been welcoming visitors to a casual and relaxed mountain atmosphere since the 1920s. Located just a mile from the shops and restaurants of Historic Downtown Waynesville and only a short drive from Asheville and Cherokee, the Inn offers:Stunning mountain views from many of its 111 guest rooms27 holes of championship mountain golfTwo distinct on-site restaurants Several versatile indoor and outdoor event spacesOn-site Balsam Spa offering massage and body treatments, nail services and waxingFree Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Hotel Waynesville
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort And Spa
- The Waynesville Hotel