“Our Favorite B&B”

The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road
Ranked #7 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 5, 2010

My husband and I have stayed at the Yellow House several times. In fact, we have decided it is our favorite B&B. We enjoy taking trips to get away, and always feel relaxed after a visit to this special place. Susan, Shawn and the staff make you feel at home. The rooms are thoughtfully appointed, and the overall atmosphere is a romantic getaway.

During each visit we have enjoyed having breakfast in our room. We have stayed in the Carriage House and The Estainge. Both rooms are gorgeous but our favorite is the Estainge suite due to the separate sitting area (a good option if your partner is an early riser or likes to read late) and the covered veranda. The outside sitting area on the veranda has a picturesque view of the mountains. It is a delightful spot to have breakfast and catch up on some reading to start your day. Our most recent trip was to celebrate our anniversary.

Although you may find it hard to leave the room, if you do venture out there is plenty to do in the area, whether you take in a day trip for sightseeing or visit local artists or gift shops.

In summary, we have enjoyed each of our visits to the Yellow House immensely and will be sure to return again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 1, 2010

My husband and I stayed in the S'conset Suite at the Yellow House in Jan for a few days. It couldn't have been more perfect. The room was large and very well appointed. The weather was cold and wet outside, so we decided to spend a good portion of our time reading and playing games in front of the fireplace in our room. We enjoyed the wine, cheese and crackers in the evening. The breakfast was incredible and served in front of the big windows in our room. I really took my time getting ready the morning we were leaving, spending time in the jacuzi tub and pretty much dragging my feet because I didn't want to leave. Yellow House provided the perfect setting for a relaxing, romantic little retreat. Our only regret is that we didn't have more time to spend at Yellow House.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2010

From the moment I stepped out of my car I thought "this must be what heaven is like." The beauty of the grounds and the house was like something out of a story book. Words nor pictures can create the peaceful, relaxed feeling you experiance at the Yellow House. The innkeeper, Shawn, is an incredibly marvelous host who makes you feel like your at home. Actually you would like home to feel like this place. He provides great food and service along with a friendly, humurous and generous personality. We have stayed in many B&B's and would rank this our #1. If you want to experiance what every B&B should be like you have to go to the Yellow House. I will be back many more times. Thank You

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2010

There was:
Wonderful conversation. (I *loved* visiting with the other guests at breakfast.)
Fabulous food. (Freshly baked cookies every day.)
Sunshine, flowers, and solitary walks. (The grounds are amazing.)
A luxurious room. (A beautiful and oh-so-comfortable bed!!!)
An attentive staff. (The innkeeper is charming.)
And fabulous shopping in nearby Asheville. (Need I say more?)

The Yellow House was everything I had hoped for and more than I had imagined any bed-and-breakfast could be. It was definitely the stress-buster I needed!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank maureenltan
Reviewed June 28, 2010

A lovely place to get away from it all. Each room is more beautiful than the next. The breakfast was superb and the staff was friendly and helpful. The charm and the friendly atmosphere made it easy to make all of us feel "at home" and enjoy our stay immensely.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank terrireid
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Spent two nights at this property on business. Returned the next week with family to enjoy a leisurely visit.

Shawn is such an asset. He makes you feel very welcome and comfortable.
The property is beautiful and very, very relaxing. The evening cocktails and breakfast are wonderful treats. Connie also makes you feel you are at a special place.

I count on Trip Advisor for all my journeys and just had to share this wonderful place with evereyone. The North Carolina mountains are beautiful and The Yellow House just adds to the ambiance.

JRM - Charlotte, NC

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Of the many B&B's that my wife and I have stayed at, the Yellow House is by far our favorite. Even though we enjoy different areas of the Smoky Mountains we are willing to drive hours so that we can stay at our favorite place. Susan, Connie and Shawn are wonderful. Thank you again for a wonderful stay!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
#3 of 19 in Waynesville
Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast
The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa

Been to The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road? Share your experiences!