The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Econo Lodge(Waynesville)
$60
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn(Waynesville)(Great Value!)
$95
Hotels.com
Lambuth Inn(Lake Junaluska)
$115
Travelocity
Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center(Lake Junaluska)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Pisgah Inn(Waynesville)
All reviewswine and cheeseother guestsfront porchb bbutler's pantrycrackerssnack traysided fireplacestrawberry stuffed french toastjetted tubhome baked cookiesbed and breakfastposter bedsocial hourmy husband and imini fridgeprivate patio
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I have to agree with the other reviewers that the Yellow House is a first-rate B&B. The hospitality was terrific, the breakfasts were delicious and quite filling (quiche one day and french toast the next), and the location is ideal. We stayed in the Benitatxell Suite, which is apart from the main house and offers more privacy. One of the most spacious suites we've seen in a B&B, and well furnished.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2009

We have been coming to Waynesville for 20 years. Wish we had found this place earlier. I have stayed at Ritz Carltons and Four Seasons that did not offer the charm or half the service.

My wife and I are already dreaming up who to bring up here with us next time.

The breakfast is amazing- either in the dining room for interesting conversation or in your room. Afternoons have wine, cheese, etc. that were excellent. Friendly staff and guests made it a wonderful weekend. A bottle of port sits downstairs for evening enjoyment.

But it was the little touches that count. We had an unopened bottle of wine in our room and went out for the day. When we got back, two wine glasses were sitting next to the bottle. Home made deserts. Coffee delivered to your room in the morning. Those type of touches kept coming.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JJS3
Reviewed February 10, 2009

We have been singing The Yellow House's praises far and wide since returning from our honeymoon last fall and have encouraged everyone we know to look this place up and make plans to stay there. Susan treated us like royalty the entire time we were there. We stayed the first half of the week at The Yellow House and traveled 30 miles east to Ashville for a stay at the Biltmore House for the remaining part of the week. Though the Biltmore was impressive and neither of us had ever visited there before, we both really wished we had just made a day trip from the Yellow House to the Biltmore and spent our entire week at the Yellow House. We can't rave enough about the amenities, the property, the staff (Susan was just so good to us!) and the comfort we enjoyed. We will go back as many times as we can in the future.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2009

I was traveling to Asheville for business and decided to stay at a B&B for some downtime at the end of the day. The Yellow House was perfect. My day started with a delicious breakfast served in the dining room, and at the end of the day I was able to walk the beautiful grounds and just relax. I highly recommend The Yellow House and play to make my next trip here a romantic get-away!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 10, 2009

When my wife and I got married we did not have time for a honeymoon because we were both in graduate school. We could only go somewhere nearby and only for a few nights. All my friends gave me mixed advice about the whole idea of B&B's, but I wanted something really special. My first thought was to look for somewhere in Asheville but wanted a more intimate setting; I found the Yellow House!

When I talked to Susan at the Yellow House, she was incredibly cooperative. I waned a romantic setting and she suggested the Carriage House Suite. it was a gorgeous room and overall setting. When I asked for a rose petal turndown and a bottle of champagne on arrival, she said no problem. Breakfasts were incredible! The nightly hors d'oeuvres and wine were perfect and with the leaves changing, it was perfect. Thanks to Susan and all the staff of the Yellow House for a wonderful honeymoon!

• Stayed: October 2008