“Can't wait to go back!”

The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road
Ranked #5 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We have now been to The Yellow House 4 times and each time has been an absolutely wonderful experience. The rooms are not only beautifully done, they are some of the most comfortable we have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. Shawn is a considerate and accommodating host giving each guest the kind of attention that keeps them coming back. And, his breakfasts are world class. His peach french toast ramekins and strawberry stuffed french toast are worth going back for all by themselves. We love this place!

Room Tip: We love the S'conset Suite, the St. Paul de Vance Suite and the Carriage House Suite, but any of...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susan M
There are newer reviews for The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road was quite lovely - tucked in a picturesque valley surrounded by mountains and the prettiest creek. The Carriage House suite was private and perfect for a night away. The complimentary port throughout the inn and the cheese plate in the room were excellent details. Breakfast was superb. We really appreciated that we could come and go at will with a front door key code and that there was an individual room thermostat.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The house is beautiful
The accommodations as nice as any B and B I have stayed
The staff, especially Shawn and Connie are remarkable
Port, cookies, snacks,tea, coffee always available
Yummy Gourmet breakfast
Cheese meat tray in room every night
Jacuzzi's and TV in most rooms
Wonderful views
My husband and I are going next month!

Room Tip: Some rooms have day beds or pull out sofas for that 3rd person But the next stay will be a romantic...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Wow! We live close by and needed a anniversary getaway.This place is the perfect getaway I used to be a assistant innkeeper and truly didn't want to leave. So comfortable, the furnishings are so tasteful and nice. We stayed in carriage house and room was amazing, whirlpool tub, fireplace, and beautiful rice planter bed. Breakfast was wonderful, Shawn was a great host love the tasteful music you can choose to enjoy in the Inn or in your rooms.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Loved it! The room was great, the food was great, the location was great and Sean made us feel very welcome. We even added two of our kids to our reservation after we checked in and it was no problem. We hope to return soon.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lew R
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is the second and third time I've been to this wonderful B&B. There are not enough magical words in the English language to describe this place. This trip I stayed three days on my way up to Beech Mountain. I had a large room, with a gas fireplace, king bed, sitting and dinning area, and garden tub. Clean, and lovely! I had breakfast in my room the first two days, scrumptious! Shawn, the Innkeeper, and ultimate host, makes a breakfast to die for! I can coast on the breakfast until dinner, fabulous! The whole staff is great, and you almost feel like you're visiting family.
On my way back home, I stayed two nights. I stayed in a smaller room, but just a beautiful! I had breakfast in the dinning room with other guests both mornings. One couple had been coming for 15 years. I'm not alone in my love of this lovely, wonderful destination!

Room Tip: I've stayed in three different rooms, all superb! I never heard others, or felt like my privacy...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ktsdotcom
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have stayed in many bed and breakfasts around the country. This has got to be the most incredible b&b that I've ever been in. Shawn, who is the owner, has taken care of every possible detail. Our room was huge and delightfully appointed. Breakfasts, prepared by Shawn, are delectable. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nogapeach
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
#6 of 19 in Waynesville
Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
#3 of 19 in Waynesville

Been to The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road? Share your experiences!