“Best Ever”

Ranked #5 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Piedmont, South Carolina, United States
“Best Ever”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Great food. They even fixed special food for me as I am gluton free. Pancakes for me was gluton free and great. You get a lot of food. Refrigator in your room with all kinds of drinks. They even brought us a snack tray to our room one day. The staff are all very very nice. The property is beautiful with lots of rockers on porch. They have a hammock under a tree.

Room Tip: No pool but a pond and you could hear the water from our room with door open.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Edna W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My daughter was recently married at the Yellow house. The grounds were perfect for an outdoor wedding and the house was absolutely beautiful. We used the bottom floor the restrooms, rooms to dress and later for the dinner buffet and dessert bar. Porches and many outdoor sitting areas added to the charm. The manager Shawn was priceless and made the day perfect for our daughter. We will be back to stay when we can and would highly recommend the Yellow House to family and friends:)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 787mic
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at the Yellow House B&B for 10days.We were pleased beyond any expectations. Our room was cozy and romantic, it was filled with everything and more, from bathrobes to beverages and snacks in the refrigerator. The Innkeeper and staff were helpful ,efficient ,informative, and always there to fill your needs.
The breakfast were amazing. We ate on the large porch several mornings and also in the main dining room. The music playing thru out the inn was a wonderful treat.
The location is very convenient to downtown Waynesville, what a charming town, great restaurants and shops.
I recommend this inn and hope to revisit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lspencer67
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I were looking for an anniversary get-away not too far from home (Asheville NC) and through the internet and our Select Registry membership, found this B&B in Waynesville NC, less than 40 minutes away. The location is lovely (well, it's surrounded by truly awesome mountains, just like home) and the property invites you into a world of relaxation from the first moment, with its 5 acres of beautiful gardens with secluded spots, 2 ponds fed by a mountain stream and sitting areas in many quiet places. The inn itself is kept immaculately and has a selection of rooms reflecting different eras and styles, from formal to Caribbean. Every room has a fireplace; some have balconies. The common areas are inviting and comfortable. Breakfast is not for the faint of heart or anyone on weight watchers. There is no choice - it's one item for the day - but Shawn will fix something else if you wish, and has taken care in advance to ask about any dietary restrictions. The inn is close to Waynesville, a charming town with some excellent dining, and a main street with many buildings, now mostly retail locations, that are on the national historic registry. We were reluctant to leave and plan to return.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the back, overlooking the lower pond. Sitting on the balcony and enjoying a gla...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I never stayed at a bed and breakfast before, but I knew I did not like them. I am a seasoned traveler, diamond member at Hilton, and had no desire to eat and hang with a bunch of people I did not know in a house. I live in a house. When I get a way, I leave my house to some place cooler. My wife and I were given a couples get away to the Yellow House that our in-laws bought us. With great hesitancy, I drove up the narrow drive.
Bottom line; it was a great weekend, the house was big and beautiful, and the breakfast is simply amazing. We ate one morning with the group in the dining room, and the next morning romantically in our bedroom. The rooms are large, beds were comfy, quite, and I hope sound proof. Grounds are amazing, and the town of Waynesville was charming and has some great restaurants. One night we even planned to stay out a little late and got a taxi to take us into town and back. We even had a chance to play a local golf course which was enjoyable too. I recommend this place and will be back.

Room Tip: Check the website for the different rooms. They have many different types of rooms to choose from.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank myalchemy
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We just had a 2 nite stay during the Folkmoot Festival and just loved it.
The InnKeeper and staff were very helpful. Several couples there were repeat clients.
Our room was well appointed with a working fireplace and the balcony overlooked the pond. More importantly the bed was great. They have afternoon cocktail hour where we talked with other guests. The morning breakfast was outstanding. We plan to return! It is in the charming town of Waynesville, NC and close to many other inviting sites.

Room Tip: We prefer a 1st floor room and they have several of those. You can go online and see the rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Parrish, Florida
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I don't hand out five star reviews easily, and that's why Yellow House only gets four. I can't find anything really wrong with the place, just some minor details that need a little attention. Loose shower tiles and a musty smell, that's all. Those things are common to many old homes turn B&B. I like the old home feel, and nothing would keep me from coming back if I was in the area. Our room, suite really, in the pond house was clean and well furnished. Breakfast was very good, and we enjoyed eating on the porch. Steve was very friendly and knowledgeable about local things to do. Maybe not my favorite B&B, but very good.

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
Grandview Lodge
Grandview Lodge
#7 of 19 in Waynesville
Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road? Share your experiences!